So all I had to do was buy a house.lol.coop is done update on page 8

Hey looks like you have plenty of block to use as a base for your coop too!
thumbsup.gif

Looks like a great space for chickens, I personally am now looking for a bigger house (well, I don't care about the house, it's the property I need. I'm on an acre now, but need more!! That's how chicken (and goat) math works. Show us pics of your build. Good luck.

So...
cost of hardware
cost of wood
cost of hardware cloth
cost of chickies (plus shipping if getting from a hatchery)
food and supplies
+ cost of HOUSE

= one VERY EXPENSIVE first egg. Fortunately, the rest are free!
wink.png

Congrats on your new home and soon-to-be chickies!!

thank you all for your comments...here are some replies:

hurstH - She "is putting her foot down" at 4, but she is worse than me when it comes to animals. If I know her as well as I think i do...i will be the one that will have to "try" to put on the breaks on the chicken math! lol

chooksinC - You have no idea...I have ehough blocks to build the entire coop if I wanted to!!!! lol Seems like the prev owner had a block/bricks fetich or something! hahahah (need any?)

Alien- great point i didn't even think of the tree as protection...AWESOME!!!!

cindy- 1 acre and want more!!! must be nice!! hehehehe...Our next Place we want no less than 5 acres..I do want to have a few Paso Fino horses
smile.png

Luke - NO KIDDING!!!!! the original subject for this topic was going to be " I Bet I spent more on my coop than you"...but then again knowing the chiken addicts out there, some one may have paid more than I paid for my house for their coop! lol

Today I will get the lumber for the base of the coop and run and the coop.....woohooo!

Back
Top Bottom