So all I had to do was buy a house.lol.coop is done update on page 8

CindyG

Songster
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Annapolis County, Nova Scotia
Looks like a great space for chickens, I personally am now looking for a bigger house (well, I don't care about the house, it's the property I need. I'm on an acre now, but need more!! That's how chicken (and goat) math works. Show us pics of your build. Good luck.

debryman

Songster
8 Years
Feb 5, 2011
Joshua Tree CA
How exciting to move from an apartment to a house AND get chickens!! Very happy for you and looking forward to seeing pics of your progress!

Luke13:34

Songster
9 Years
Aug 3, 2010
The Naugatuck Valley
So...
cost of hardware
cost of wood
cost of hardware cloth
cost of chickies (plus shipping if getting from a hatchery)
food and supplies
+ cost of HOUSE

= one VERY EXPENSIVE first egg. Fortunately, the rest are free!

Congrats on your new home and soon-to-be chickies!!

TheJuan-n-Only

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Tampa
thank you all for your comments...here are some replies:

hurstH - She "is putting her foot down" at 4, but she is worse than me when it comes to animals. If I know her as well as I think i do...i will be the one that will have to "try" to put on the breaks on the chicken math! lol

chooksinC - You have no idea...I have ehough blocks to build the entire coop if I wanted to!!!! lol Seems like the prev owner had a block/bricks fetich or something! hahahah (need any?)

Alien- great point i didn't even think of the tree as protection...AWESOME!!!!

cindy- 1 acre and want more!!! must be nice!! hehehehe...Our next Place we want no less than 5 acres..I do want to have a few Paso Fino horses

Luke - NO KIDDING!!!!! the original subject for this topic was going to be " I Bet I spent more on my coop than you"...but then again knowing the chiken addicts out there, some one may have paid more than I paid for my house for their coop! lol

Today I will get the lumber for the base of the coop and run and the coop.....woohooo!

Top Bottom