So angry! Neighbor is an IDIOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah.... what Wisher said! If you can't bring yourself to put the dog down and then have to deal with the neighbor complaining about how you killed her dog... get a BB gun. Sting it's behind every time it comes out of it's yard. I got one several years back when a neighbors dog was strwing my trash all over the neighborhood. Every time I caught that dog and his buddies in my trash, I'd pump up the BB gun enough to make that BB sting. It didn't take long for them to figure out that coming into my yard meant a sting in the behind that they didn't like at all.

If the neighbor complains about the BB gun then you can tell her she should be happy it isn't a shotgun and that she should either keep control of her animal or get used to seeing you get the BB gun.

If you don't want to kill it load up your shotgun with rock salt. That should teach it a lesson.

The dog trespassed in your yard too..... It has gone after your flock, I'd be reporting that too so it builds up more of a case then just the one neighbor. It will put pressure on animal control etc...to do something.

The dog trespassed in your yard too..... It has gone after your flock, I'd be reporting that too so it builds up more of a case then just the one neighbor. It will put pressure on animal control etc...to do something.

The police wants to know the next time the dog is in either of our yards. They will get a nice citation.

I'd be telling the police the next time it was in my yard they'd be coming to remove its body.......... ( I feel bad that the dog has a bad owner but not bad enough to let it kill another one of my animals). Get a video with your phone of it trespassing.... You should not have to worry about your chickens because of them......

Sounds like your neighbor and mine should get together and live somewhere AWAY from us chicken owners!

We lost our best and favorite hen this week to my idiot neighbor's dogs that get out on a regular basis. I called the police, they referred to animal control, who came over, took statements from me and the neighbor I get along with, and got copies of the photos I took of the dog on my property, the dead hen, and the one dog on my property eating my hen's head. They issued idiot neighbor a citation and she said she'd fight it. They said good luck on this one. A) the citation is not because the dog ate my hen. It's because the dogs were not on a leash and was on my property, and I have photographic proof of that. The fact that they killed a hen in the process just makes it worse for her in court. Add to that the two years of complaints where they've had dogs running loose that weren't licensed, that have bitten people and attacked cats and wrecked havoc, the animal control officer had to laugh at her.

I live in Ohio, and I told the animal control officer when he said he couldn't take her dogs that day, that I would be forced next time to defend my property under my homeowner's rights. I told him she needed to know as a former Marine, I wasn't going to miss. He said simply to call the sheriff if I had to shoot one of her dogs, just so the report would be filed that I was defending my animals. I went to buy a shotgun and my husband got concerned that the spray would hit one of our dogs or cats or kids or other chickens, so he recommended a BB/Pellet gun. I bought that and spent the day practicing in view of idiot neighbor. Her dogs haven't been outside since, until this morning.

I also got 3 roosters that I'm working into the flock now too. One is a very fast, very spirited bantam that I think should teach those dogs that dynamite comes in small packages.

And for what it's worth: I'm STILL an excellent shot. They should be thankful my husband nixed the shotgun.

I say for you, file a report, photograph or video every instance of their dogs being loose and call the police every time they come after your hens. And don't be afraid to shoot an animal that is okay attacking your hens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom