So confused with my birds!!

nataliab

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 14, 2013

I have four chickens, two I believe are roosters or cockerels and I believe one is a hen but now the other looks to be a boy when I thought she was a girl!! Please help me out I can't keep roosters in my area! If you can figure out breed as well it would help. The person I got them from said they were leghorn.the orange hen may be the boy but she's 5 and a half months and doesn't crow. The two little ones are already crowing and have saddle feathers. The brown/red is a hen to me no crowing just a bully.

but the older birds arent even crowing... :( should i wait another 10 weeks to see if they lay? how do you know theyre roosters?

but the older birds arent even crowing... :( should i wait another 10 weeks to see if they lay? how do you know theyre roosters?

The combs and the tail feathers are a dead give-away. 100% Roosters.

Sometimes, roosters won't crow because they feel they have to dominance to proclaim. Whoever you got them from was just passing off roosters.

yeah
sad.png
those are roosters

those are all cockerels. their hackle and saddle feathers are the main give away next to over all coloring and comb and wattle development

You can tell by the tall, lanky combs on their heads, which are already red, and by the shiny, glossy, iredescant hackle, shoulder, and tail fathers, that they are cockerels. So sorry to tell you so.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom