So.... Do you think someone that does this has problems ?????

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I know someone, was "friends" with them for awhile, until they "took" my life. What I mean by that is, that suddenly whatever and I do mean whatever I was into, they were too. I finally ended the friendship for various reasons. But now, there is another friend (I have known her longer that the other person has) she is now the recipient of this other ones "sharing" of activities. Apparently , the mutual friend is already tiring of it.
It is one thing for two people to become friends because of an already shared interest, but for one to come along and suddenly become involved in everything you are in to is just strange to me....

The curious side of me wonders if there is a mental condition that would cause this?

Well,, they are no longer attached to me
big_smile.png
I thought perhaps, in the beginning I should "warn" the mutual friend, but I am sure, this person would have made me out to be the bad guy, so I figured they could learn the same way I did. By a posting on FB, apparently they are already getting a taste of it and the attacher has only been their BFF for a few months.

it can be a mental problem. or maybe not, maybe just someone with a poor sense of themselves and a need to be liked / accepted by someone else, and a lot of insecurity. which, if severe, can be a mental problem.

so, to the point of your question, you're asking so.... you have a better idea of how to interact with them? or warn your other friend? or...?

Have none of ya'll seen the movie "Single White Female?"
And I'm not making fun of anyone...I have seen this in action! Thankfully, it doesn't sound like your ex 'friend' goes to the lengths in the movie, but yes, it is odd.
It may or may not be a mental issue...it may just be someone who doesn't really know how to make friends & thinks this is the way. She may also be a very lonely person.

I had to detach myself, there were a lot of other things that came along, and I won't get in to them all here. But this person caused me some financial hardship as well. I decided for the sake of my well being , it was best to end the friendship. I am not really close with the mutual friend, I just have known her longer and introduced her to the attacher. After seeing some things on FB (the attacher is not on there just the mutual friend) I was just curious what would cause this behavior continually.

For instance, attacher met me through chickens, I have and always will be involved in horses (we show, breed etc) honestly, the horse part of my life was seperate from the "friendship" , then suddenly she found a couple mares she wanted to partner with me on. In the end, I ended up with 2 more mouths to feed 100% of the time.

Mutual friend is in to goats and soap making , now suddenly so is the attacher..........

I guess I am wondering why this person can't live her own life ? Heck my BFF of 30+ years is also into horses, we showed together for years , but we were both into horses in the beginning and we both have other "hobbies" that we enjoy seperately from each other.

Iheartchicks<3
smile.png
:

instead of laughing and belittling people, maybe you should talk to her about this, or maybe be her friend so she doesnt do this.
big_smile.png
or not, just a suggestion.

I know of this situation, and I can honestly say she did her part. She did all she could do.​

Back
Top Bottom