So EGGcited!! šŸ¤“

Aug 2, 2020
Suburban NE Ohio
Our girls finally started laying!! They're almost 9 months and I was beginning to think I'm doing this all wrong, but i missed the first day! Lol. I've been busy the past few mornings and sent the kids out to feed and water the girls and none of them noticed, but when I went out yesterday, there they were! All brown and beautiful... and cracked and frozen šŸ˜’, but for 2. Those were fresh. And this morning we had a new one! So happy it's almost embarrassing! šŸ¤£ Anyway, I do have one question: Is it normal for more than one girl to start laying simultaneously? Because we went from 0 to 5 eggs in 2 days... Thanks!!

Our girls finally started laying!! They're almost 9 months and I was beginning to think I'm doing this all wrong, but i missed the first day! Lol. I've been busy the past few mornings and sent the kids out to feed and water the girls and none of them noticed, but when I went out yesterday, there they were! All brown and beautiful... and cracked and frozen šŸ˜’, but for 2. Those were fresh. And this morning we had a new one! So happy it's almost embarrassing! šŸ¤£ Anyway, I do have one question: Is it normal for more than one girl to start laying simultaneously? Because we went from 0 to 5 eggs in 2 days... Thanks!!
Yes, very normal. Laying is contagious - they will all be laying soon and you will be searching for recipes to use all those eggs! Congratulations! I remember my first egg... a year and fortnight ago lol

Yes, very normal. Laying is contagious - they will all be laying soon and you will be searching for recipes to use all those eggs! Congratulations! I remember my first egg... a year and fortnight ago lol
I'm so mad I missed it! Lol I feel like I've been waiting forever! It's like celebrating a milestone birthday and I missed it! Lol. Thanks, though! Glad to know that the eggs will start piling up soon! There are six of us, so there is no such thing as too many eggs! We hard boiled the first two and i split them between the kids saying i'd try one myself today, then my youngest dropped it! Hahaha! Maybe tomorrow I will get to taste the fruit of my labor/love!

Back
Top Bottom