So excited!

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I'm sitting here at my desk waiting to leave for my appointment to meet with a lady from a local animal rescue about volunteering this semester. I haven't been this excited in a long time! It looks like they do a lot of events and I can't wait to help clean cages and play with the cats and dogs! I have about ten minutes before I go, but it's so hard to wait! I don't know if they have a photographer for their animals, but I am also going to mention that I could help them out with that if needed. It would be right up my alley!

How many other people have volunteered at a rescue? I've worked for a vet office, among other various animal jobs, but this will be my first time volunteering with a rescue!

clap.gif
congrats! I hope the photography op works out for you too! you could have all the animals on a web site for people to see and adopt.

Quote:
It is heart breaking, but I've worked at a sanctuary for a long time and I think the good stories really help make up for it! This place was very nice and it looks like the dogs and cats get great care. It's pretty small, but there were about twenty cats and the ones that got along with each other had full run of an indoor and an outdoor room. There were maybe about 15 dogs and they each had their own run and they would get play time with the volunteers. I was actually quite pleased with the set up! It's a no kill rescue, which makes it a lot easier as well. If only I could actually take home a dog or two! There was one I feel in love with today. She was a black longer haired dog of some kind, about medium size. Quiet but very friendly.

The shelter seems like they are really in need of volunteers and it looks like I will be getting a lot of responsibility. I'm hoping I'll learn quickly and can really make a difference!

Back
Top Bottom