Today is hatch day!!! First timer just excited!!!

Oct 8, 2023
So excited this is my first hatch. Too be honest I probably let more eggs stay in than I should have so I hope none explode. I just feel I waited so long for this day and I’ll be happy if just three open up. I just need three so they can have each other. I’m just so excited!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5566.jpeg
    IMG_5566.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5565.jpeg
    IMG_5565.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5564.jpeg
    IMG_5564.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5563.jpeg
    IMG_5563.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5555.jpeg
    IMG_5555.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 13
It's hatch day!!! I'm super excited for you!!!!! I did my first hatch this summer and thankfully had guidance from TwoCrows and I hatched 16, my second hatch is dues Dec 17 😃

I hope none of yours explode! Are you hearing any chirping? Any pips yet? What breeds!?! 😃😃😃
I have 3 pips and I’m watching two eggs moving around I hope I don’t have them in the wrong position or something. I am totally hearing chirping. I thought I was going nuts. The eggs are from mauve orps so I guess they could be chocolate, mauve, or splash.( I have two black lavender split eggs in there but not expecting much from those. ) Thanks for the questions it’s fun for a mom in waiting. I’ll update when I have a real live chick!!!

It certainly is exciting.
Don't feel bad. If they don't leak or stink, I usually leave them in too.
I haven't had an exploder that didn't leak or stink first.
Good luck.
Thank you! I’ve had my nose all in that hole this whole time. 😂 but that’s been my thought just keep looking for leakers or horrible smells. Thanks for your experience.

Thank you! I’ve had my nose all in that hole this whole time. 😂 but that’s been my thought just keep looking for leakers or horrible smells. Thanks for your experience.
The reason I tend to keep them in is because the bulk of my eggs were quite dark, so candling didn't give me positive signals one way or the other. Once I had an egg, I was sure was on day 25. I took it to the compost pile to do an egg topsy on it and there was a live embryo inside about to hatch. What a horrible feeling. I don't know how I miscounted so egregiously.

So maybe in the morning there will be chicks! Or tomorrow evening if they take more breaks 😊

Would the splash be a chocolate splash?

I have 2 chocolate silkies I'll be breeding next year in one pen and another pen will have a black split to chocolate rooster and from his pen I have the possibility of mauve. When I Google mauve it's such a wide variety of results I'm not 100% what mauve should look like 🤣

Orpingtons are so pretty, I know your chicks are going tonbe stunning in those colors!

The reason I tend to keep them in is because the bulk of my eggs were quite dark, so candling didn't give me positive signals one way or the other. Once I had an egg, I was sure was on day 25. I took it to the compost pile to do an egg topsy on it and there was a live embryo inside about to hatch. What a horrible feeling. I don't know how I miscounted so egregiously.
That must of felt horrible. I’m sure it left an impact. I have never done a dark brown egg but I could imagine it’s really hard to see in.The reason I left them is because I’m not super sure what I’m looking at. I was going to just dump everything on day 23 but now( because of yours lasting so long) I may wait an extra day… I had family visiting and forgot to candle when I sent to lock down. I had to do a 5 hr drive and should have just started lock down when I got back. But shoulda woulda.

So maybe in the morning there will be chicks! Or tomorrow evening if they take more breaks 😊

Would the splash be a chocolate splash?

I have 2 chocolate silkies I'll be breeding next year in one pen and another pen will have a black split to chocolate rooster and from his pen I have the possibility of mauve. When I Google mauve it's such a wide variety of results I'm not 100% what mauve should look like 🤣

Orpingtons are so pretty, I know your chicks are going tonbe stunning in those colors!
I know right it seems like everyone is calling everything mauve. I’ve seen a couple on here that are so beautiful. Like hurt your eyes from so much beauty. I hope mines look like that! The splash should be mauve splash but I guess I’ll see when it finally happens. I saw some really beautiful silkies at this show I went to on the 18th. They are really beautiful birds. Good luck on getting your mauve silkies next year. I’ll be here to cheer u on. My incubator says I’m on day 1 so maybe my actual hatch day is tomorrow… 🙈😁

Back
Top Bottom