Today is hatch day!!! First timer just excited!!!

It is a very stressful process. What is the humidity at? Sometimes they do take that long.
There are a lot of people here that are much quicker to help than I am so maybe they will chime in.
I usually don't intervene unless I believe the problem they are having is my fault.
Just know that the second you open the incubator, the humidity will fall to the point shrink wrap happens.

It is a very stressful process. What is the humidity at? Sometimes they do take that long.
There are a lot of people here that are much quicker to help than I am so maybe they will chime in.
I usually don't intervene unless I believe the problem they are having is my fault.
Just know that the second you open the incubator, the humidity will fall to the point shrink wrap happens.
I had it at 50 until hatch and I pushed it up to 70. I’ve been trying to keep it at 70-71. It does fall to 67 sometimes and I try to lift it back to 70. I haven’t opened at all. Hoping it’s ok. I wonder if I should leave everyone until tomorrow. I don’t want to leave the ones that hatched in there too long if it’s bad to do…

I'm not a good one to advise on taking the chicks out as I've only had one hatch. I was able to just loft the side of thr incubator lid and slip a couple of the dry chicks out in between pips. I'm not sure if you could slip a paper towell moistened with hot water as you very quickly snuck a chick out without impacting the one who has pipped. I hope a few others chime in with proper advice.

Chicks are able to go without food for a long time, I have 72 hours in mind, this is why they can ship day old chicks, so I wouldn't worry about them being in the incubator still.

I'm not a good one to advise on taking the chicks out as I've only had one hatch. I was able to just loft the side of thr incubator lid and slip a couple of the dry chicks out in between pips. I'm not sure if you could slip a paper towell moistened with hot water as you very quickly snuck a chick out without impacting the one who has pipped. I hope a few others chime in with proper advice.

Chicks are able to go without food for a long time, I have 72 hours in mind, this is why they can ship day old chicks, so I wouldn't worry about them being in the incubator still.
I was thinking about shipped chicks too 😂 I was like the day olds take cross country trips these guys r probably good. I’m glad you think that too.

I had it at 50 until hatch and I pushed it up to 70. I’ve been trying to keep it at 70-71. It does fall to 67 sometimes and I try to lift it back to 70. I haven’t opened at all. Hoping it’s ok. I wonder if I should leave everyone until tomorrow. I don’t want to leave the ones that hatched in there too long if it’s bad to do…
I have frequently been guilty of leaving chicks in the incubator longer than I should. Research shows that the sooner chicks eat and drink, the more robust they will be as adults. But the problem for us is, we don't have the equipment and processes that facilitate the chicks to hatch in a smaller window rather than protracted hatches. Commercially, they usually pull all of them out at the same time and within 24 hours of hatch commencement.
Don't be afraid to kick up the humidity if you have the capability.

Egg kinda zipped they spun him so that was my only shot sorry
I love all the babies!!!!
But. I’d step in to help this lil one, personally.
Hopefully you have some coconut oil and Q tips on hand 🤞
I would crack the bator and move the hatched chicks to the brooder, one or two at a time, as quickly as you can do it safely.
Open as little as possible, move a single or a pair, close the top as you move them, rinse and repeat.
Once the other babies have moved, I’d grab that egg, put the coconut oil (second choices would be olive oil or Vaseline) on the exposed membrane- using the q tip to apply first on top of the membrane, and then “roll” it underneath the membrane. Stop immediately if you see any bleeding, or, healthy looking veins once the membrane is moistened from the outside.
Next, if you have not seen any clear veins or bleeding- carefully chip back the shell to create a larger opening. Keep “rolling” the coconut (or other) oil under the opening as you work as long as you don’t see more veins/ bleeding.

It’s important to let the baby push out of the shell on its own if possible. But it’s also ok to give the baby a hand, esp since it looks malpositioned -

Opening up a larger spot, and giving the baby some “lube” to help prevent the membrane from drying onto its feathers gives it a better shot at getting out of the shell-

JMO
I’m no pro, but that is what I would do after hatching ~100 ducklings and poults so far...

I have frequently been guilty of leaving chicks in the incubator longer than I should. Research shows that the sooner chicks eat and drink, the more robust they will be as adults. But the problem for us is, we don't have the equipment and processes that facilitate the chicks to hatch in a smaller window rather than protracted hatches. Commercially, they usually pull all of them out at the same time and within 24 hours of hatch commencement.
Don't be afraid to kick up the humidity if you have the capability.
Do your chicks live long? Since your an over leaver do you think it effects your chicks? Just curious.

I love all the babies!!!!
But. I’d step in to help this lil one, personally.
Hopefully you have some coconut oil and Q tips on hand 🤞
I would crack the bator and move the hatched chicks to the brooder, one or two at a time, as quickly as you can do it safely.
Open as little as possible, move a single or a pair, close the top as you move them, rinse and repeat.
Once the other babies have moved, I’d grab that egg, put the coconut oil (second choices would be olive oil or Vaseline) on the exposed membrane- using the q tip to apply first on top of the membrane, and then “roll” it underneath the membrane. Stop immediately if you see any bleeding, or, healthy looking veins once the membrane is moistened from the outside.
Next, if you have not seen any clear veins or bleeding- carefully chip back the shell to create a larger opening. Keep “rolling” the coconut (or other) oil under the opening as you work as long as you don’t see more veins/ bleeding.

It’s important to let the baby push out of the shell on its own if possible. But it’s also ok to give the baby a hand, esp since it looks malpositioned -

Opening up a larger spot, and giving the baby some “lube” to help prevent the membrane from drying onto its feathers gives it a better shot at getting out of the shell-

JMO
I’m no pro, but that is what I would do after hatching ~100 ducklings and poults so far...
I read about this before hand and looked at articles so I k it exactly what you are telling me to do. I’ll start right now. Thank you. Also I am so scared and nervous… this is crazy that I care this much 😂🙈🐓💗 here I go I’ll be back

Ok update I moved all hatched chicks to brooder and have done surgery on egg. I’m going to take a 30 min walk away and see how he is doing.

Attachments

• IMG_5690.jpeg
    IMG_5690.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5686.jpeg
    IMG_5686.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5689.jpeg
    IMG_5689.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg