Pics

MageofMist

Crowing
5 Years
Dec 9, 2016
Britain
It’s name is Squabble. Found this little guy looking all lost and alone in town and my lord, Squabble rivals Scrappy in tameness and daftness.
FF4B006F-B9D0-4B12-AB9C-AAA0CCE92778.jpeg

Thought it was sick... It is perfectly healthy. Thought it couldn’t fly... It flew around the living room and my bedroom. It is just too sweet and docile for it’s own good. Squabble isn’t even afraid of the cat, so thank goodness I picked him up before a city cat or fox ate him!

It was still spooked by a piece of paper though, so Squabble isn’t completely fearless. My dad says it was clearly someone’s “muppet bird” due to how sweet and social Squabble is, and it is also far too clean to be a feral city bird, even for here where there isn’t much traffic, but has no rings or stamps for ID.
I did a health check, the butt is clear and not caked up, poops are surprisingly healthy for a city pigeon, feathers are in good shape and clean with no visible signs of parasites, eyes are bright and clear and there no discharges anywhere or any yellow gunk around the eyes/in the throat. Feet had a little poop on, but that was easily fixed with a warm, damp cloth.

5E017068-0A28-4437-B2C6-320675ACB66F.jpeg
FC515517-4975-4407-93A2-BD7920F231A6.jpeg
4DFE2DDE-8628-4D2D-AEEF-5CE4EE5A897C.jpeg
BFE57569-A5D7-4197-8102-49B1B40C3A3D.jpeg
95FEA320-97E2-4E55-AEFA-52C69F08F985.jpeg
389D8416-C88E-47CE-98BA-851371AFFE01.jpeg

How adorable!!! Good for you for rescueing it! One thing, I'd have it tested for the avian flu for the safety of your other birds. ;)

I thought the chances of pigeons catching it were slim to none? =o Though it is in quarantine just in case of other diseases.
About a week or two ago someone was telling me how these pigeons brought the avion flu into the chicken barns and they were loosing 1,000 birds a day. Now, that person's boss has told everyone to kill any pigeons that get into the barns or feed storage. So, that being said, they do carry it. The person that I was talking to doesn't think that all pigeons are carrying avion flu, but he didn't want to bring any of the ones that he catches to my farm to save them because they could be. I'd be cautious just because and best bet, get it tested, just to be safe. :)

It’s name is Squabble. Found this little guy looking all lost and alone in town and my lord, Squabble rivals Scrappy in tameness and daftness.

Thought it was sick... It is perfectly healthy. Thought it couldn’t fly... It flew around the living room and my bedroom. It is just too sweet and docile for it’s own good. Squabble isn’t even afraid of the cat, so thank goodness I picked him up before a city cat or fox ate him!

It was still spooked by a piece of paper though, so Squabble isn’t completely fearless. My dad says it was clearly someone’s “muppet bird” due to how sweet and social Squabble is, and it is also far too clean to be a feral city bird, even for here where there isn’t much traffic, but has no rings or stamps for ID.
I did a health check, the butt is clear and not caked up, poops are surprisingly healthy for a city pigeon, feathers are in good shape and clean with no visible signs of parasites, eyes are bright and clear and there no discharges anywhere or any yellow gunk around the eyes/in the throat. Feet had a little poop on, but that was easily fixed with a warm, damp cloth.

Squabble is very lucky to have met up with you! By the look of his beak I'm thinking he's very young and that may explain some of his tameness. Congrats - I'm sure you will enjoy each other!

About a week or two ago someone was telling me how these pigeons brought the avion flu into the chicken barns and they were loosing 1,000 birds a day. Now, that person's boss has told everyone to kill any pigeons that get into the barns or feed storage. So, that being said, they do carry it. The person that I was talking to doesn't think that all pigeons are carrying avion flu, but he didn't want to bring any of the ones that he catches to my farm to save them because they could be. I'd be cautious just because and best bet, get it tested, just to be safe. :)

I need to get bloodwork and such done anyways to make sure it isn’t just acting healthy, but actually is. I can get Squabble flu tested then. ^^

Also Squabble had a right parrot moment earlier, perching atop the ceiling fan and going for a spin (it was off, but Squabble’s weight made it move), but then got disappointed when it stopped... So my dad lightly spinned it again and Squabble was having a blast. Then my dad stopped and Squabble just started staring at him intensely from the fan, and refused to come off without a fight. XD

That is the most rebellious he has ever been.

Squabble is very lucky to have met up with you! By the look of his beak I'm thinking he's very young and that may explain some of his tameness. Congrats - I'm sure you will enjoy each other!

He is very young, but even the young squabs at Squabble’s age and younger are leery of people and usually avoid them in town. You are lucky to get close, never mind pick one up and adopt it. 😆

I need to get bloodwork and such done anyways to make sure it isn’t just acting healthy, but actually is. I can get Squabble flu tested then. ^^
Oh good! I'm happy to hear this! :)
Also Squabble had a right parrot moment earlier, perching atop the ceiling fan and going for a spin (it was off, but Squabble’s weight made it move), but then got disappointed when it stopped... So my dad lightly spinned it again and Squabble was having a blast. Then my dad stopped and Squabble just started staring at him intensely from the fan, and refused to come off without a fight. XD

That is the most rebellious he has ever been.
Awwww..... How adorable!!! I wish I could of seen that! :love:love:love:love:love

Back
Top Bottom