My family was once adopted by a wild pigeon. Congrats on saving Squabble!
I do wonder if I saw Squabble first or if Squabble found me. :love He loves being preened as well.
67F4E330-3CA4-42B0-92AE-08C8CD6DDC39.jpeg
71DFDA75-D553-4A1A-8489-FA301F4B7C8E.jpeg

Oh good! I'm happy to hear this! :)

Awwww..... How adorable!!! I wish I could of seen that! :love:love:love:love:love
4956524D-2FD3-45E7-B24C-9AF8EE241D1A.jpeg
A right little rebel, fear his mighty baby squeaks! He is adorably hilarious even though it had only been a day, his personality has come out.

How adorable! You're so lucky to have him! :love:love:love:love:love
Yup, though I almost fell asleep cuddling with Squabble earlier! 😆 Just chilling on the sofa with him cuddled up in my night gown.
41F5453F-71D0-4AD4-8D1E-D8583F428ED2.jpeg
90E48162-EA86-4608-8BE7-8269727C1F17.jpeg
FF2B44F6-5232-45E3-BD49-C76F399686E8.jpeg

I do wonder if I saw Squabble first or if Squabble found me. :love He loves being preened as well.
A right little rebel, fear his mighty baby squeaks! He is adorably hilarious even though it had only been a day, his personality has come out.

Yup, though I almost fell asleep cuddling with Squabble earlier! 😆 Just chilling on the sofa with him cuddled up in my night gown.
Awwwwwwwwww.... :love :love :love :love :love :love

My dad says it was clearly someone’s “muppet bird” due to how sweet and social Squabble is
I highly doubt it. Young feral pigeons are surprisingly tame despite not having human intervention for generations in many cases. They have to be bold and curious to make it in the city.

Btw, great job for capturing him. People often discredit ferals and all their potential as a pet\hobby.
About a week or two ago someone was telling me how these pigeons brought the avion flu into the chicken barns and they were loosing 1,000 birds a day. Now, that person's boss has told everyone to kill any pigeons that get into the barns or feed storage.
yikes. It may have have been the pigeons, or it may not have been. People are often quick to blame the flying rats, while really, there among the more tidy of birds with strong immune systems.
I need to get bloodwork and such done anyways to make sure it isn’t just acting healthy, but actually is. I can get Squabble flu tested then. ^^
that seems totally unnecessary. Just quarantine him from the other birds you have for a month, and if there are no red flags, merge them if wanted. Blood work is overpriced and stressful for the bird. Besides, some vets will eager to find something wrong with it, even when there's nothing wrong with them. A healthy pigeon will have good droppings, clear breathing, good hygiene, be active, etc. A sick pigeon will act sick. If he acts healthy, don't worry about it.

I highly doubt it. Young feral pigeons are surprisingly tame despite not having human intervention for generations in many cases. They have to be bold and curious to make it in the city.

Btw, great job for capturing him. People often discredit ferals and all their potential as a pet\hobby.

yikes. It may have have been the pigeons, or it may not have been. People are often quick to blame the flying rats, while really, there among the more tidy of birds with strong immune systems.

that seems totally unnecessary. Just quarantine him from the other birds you have for a month, and if there are no red flags, merge them if wanted. Blood work is overpriced and stressful for the bird. Besides, some vets will eager to find something wrong with it, even when there's nothing wrong with them. A healthy pigeon will have good droppings, clear breathing, good hygiene, be active, etc. A sick pigeon will act sick. If he acts healthy, don't worry about it.

He did look rather sickly when in town, but he could have been dehydrated, as he was a good weight but all poofed up, sitting in one spot and easy to catch. He brightened up by 100% after being brought home, getting some food and water down him and cuddles, and hasn’t been in the “depressed fluffball” state since.
He is active, can fly very well, has a good appetite, been preening (and preened by me), breathing is fine, nose and eyes are clear, and the poops look too healthy for a city bird though. 😆 More like someone’s racer’s or fancy pigeon poop, but it could be that he didn’t eat/be fed too much junk food due to lockdown only just lifting. Heck, his feathers are also too clean with no lice or signs of mites in sight.

I was suggested to get bloodwork done by another pigeon fancier just to be on the safe side, but in the past three days he has been acting perfectly healthy with no red flags, so it might not need to be done if it’d be more stress than it is worth.

Edit: Heck, I might go up town later some point to see if I can squabnap him a buddy. XD Saw a gorgeous pure white body pidge with a dark grey rump and tail, and a very sweet looking cinnamon barred the same day I claimed Squabby.

Back
Top Bottom