1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So I now have a $500 goose...Sadly, Frenchy's wing comes off next week

Discussion in 'Geese' started by CMV, Aug 29, 2012.

1. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    [​IMG]really?

anyways it's a beautiful goose [​IMG]

2. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    What a heartwarming picture!!! [​IMG]

3. LightningTFarm

LightningTFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

You can tell from the picture that she is full of piss and vinegar, and anything with that much spunk will come out of this ordeal okay. Not as sure about your husband! Tell him to put on a denim work shirt next time, at the very least. (I am hoping she didn't scratch him that bad through a think shirt.) Your daughter, on the other hand, is adorable!! They obviously have a bond, and hanging with her BFF will make her feel much better (the goose, that is).

4. flockman

flockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Love the picture with your daughter!

5. SummerChick

SummerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Somerset, Texas
    After what you have said about the goose, I was surprised she was that calm with your daughter maybe she watches over when she is playing outside. It's a precious picture and yikes! Your hubbys arm looks painful!
    Hope all goes well with the recovery.

6. Angel87

Angel87 New Egg

Aug 29, 2012
    North Central MN
    If I were you I'd keep a close eye on your daughter till they catch they coyotes.

Seems odd though that only an adult female and her pups have been seen. She probably got separated from her pack and that's why she's adapted a more aggressive hunting style to feed her pups.

A.

7. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

My arms look like that just carrying around my baby geese , I think I may market , "arm protectors" for geese lovers. I had a goose get mauled by our lab, but only cost me 160$ 15 years ago. Later they were best friends and even "ran away " together once.
    As to the coyote, be careful, they know that eastern coyotes have interbred with the Eastern red wolf, they tested them (Eastern red wolves were reintroduced "quietly" into NC in the 70's... so the new coyotes in east are bigger with some wolf characteristics.... they ADAPT

8. Angel87

Angel87 New Egg

Aug 29, 2012
    North Central MN
    "red wolves" are coywolves (coyote/wolf hybrid)

9. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    Love the picture of Frenchy and her BFF: you daughter is a little sweety. Hope all continues to go well for you and that the coyotes are caught or leave on their own.

10. catsbully

catsbully Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2012
    well that is my only reason for having a .22 at the farm! we too have a large group of coyotes that wander through our area and although they have gotten 2 cats i will be getting friends who hunt to see if they can 'take care' of this situation! cats and fowl are one thing but if they are so bold and you have kiddies around ... oh hell no! these are beautiful creatures but if they are hunting during the day in your yard then the only solution is to have them culled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by