So I pretty much know that it's a roo but

Cluckhead

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 1, 2009
SF Bay Area
what do you all think? I'm sure its a cockerel and i'd love to keep him but we can't have roo's. I'm in Livermore, CA if anyones interested. He's about 3 months old.

It's a Ameraucana/EE

Definitely roo. Usually when ordinances say you can't have a roo, it just means they're concerned about the noise. That's how it is where I live. My neighbor has one and he brings his in at night, places him in a dark room, and brings him out later in the morning. He hardly crows and no complaints yet.

Definitely roo. Usually when ordinances say you can't have a roo, it just means they're concerned about the noise. That's how it is where I live. My neighbor has one and he brings his in at night, places him in a dark room, and brings him out later in the morning. He hardly crows and no complaints yet.

That's good to know. I live in a really laid back town of less than 2000 people, but I got stuck with 5 roosters (3 of which were supposed to be pullets!), so now I know what to do to keep them from crowing if people do complain :)

Back
Top Bottom