SO, I Put Chicks Under the Chicken Melter and....

Quote:
gig.gif
Neither did I!

I think so, too. A young teen lady I know came over to see the chicks and said that Raven would be a good name for her, and though she is black, it seems too "big" of a name for this little cutie. I already had one Raven, now owned by helmstead (Kate), who is a Silver Phoenix x Barred Rock and coal black, but she was a larger bird than this little one. I can't believe Tiny made it to three weeks old! This group is about to move out to the Firetower. It's already set up with 2 heat lamps, food and water. They are nutty, flying all over, fuzz flying everywhere, a rowdy bunch.

Told DH that the baby to me seems like a Pipit. He then says, oh, remember on JAWS that the kids dog ran out into the water and was snatched by the shark, while the kid kept calling, "Pipit! Come Pipit!".
roll.png
So, I said, there is a Meadow Pipit and a Rock Pipit and my street is named Meadow, so I think Pipit. He says maybe he'll call her Rocky. Husbands!
smack.gif
Though, if you think about it, Eye of the Tiger, will to survive and all that....hmm.

Quote:
Oh gee! I wonder where she ever got that idea?!?!
lau.gif

Call her Magpie! Maggie for short.
wink.png
And since Magpies are predominantly black, the color is right. And considering the antics that the Maggie's get up to in our neck of the woods, the attitude fits as well!

Last edited:
Neat pictures!

I'm so glad Tiny is doing so well. (and a female) I love Pipit and Magpie for names. And "Maggie" sure seems to fit her sweet disposition.

Back
Top Bottom