so mad at my son's school-UPDATE PG 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got told that I had to buy a certain brand of crayons for my DD to go to grade 1 cause then everyone had the same and then they did not get kids with the great colours upsetting the kids with the plain colours...

They tried that garbage with me too. I told one person at the school that when they paid for the supplies, they could start telling me what brands to buy.

it was a shirt like that, that my son had on when the school made him take it off and wear a shirt out of the lost and found

The local high school was sending kids home for wearing SPONGE BOB shirts since SB was a GANG EMBLEM!!!

gig.gif

Oh, and when I was a kid the rules were FAR worse!!! Girls couldn't wear boys shirts, boys could not have facial hair (I guess girls could?) and their hair couldn't touch their collar. We couldn't wear shorts or sleeveless shirts....the list goes on and on. But hey, you could smoke!!! LOL

the only ones we had about our clothes was girls could not wear halters that tied in the back (bad boys would untie them
smack.gif
) and a shirt must have been worn over tube top ( boys would try to pull them down
smack.gif
) we could wear shorts flip flops, boys hair was usualy longer then most girls .nothing iilegal on shirts. I guess we were pretty lucky we did not have picky rules in our schools..

my son has a leather jacket next they will be saying he can't wear that ..

Many of us have to work with the public, and the public can be unpleasant. No, I'm not going to go do somebody else's job for a month, and I don't expect anybody to do mine. The school policies shouldn't be randomly changed to suit the whims of individual staff members. The OP checked the handbook. Her mother has worked at the school and knows for a fact that hair dye has been allowed for other students. It was not school policy. I always used to cut teachers slack when my kids were in school, but this was over the top. Common sense is necessary. If somebody decides that a kid is inappropriately dressed or their hair needs to be washed, call the parent and make the kid wait in the office for it to be resolved.

Quote:
They tried that garbage with me too. I told one person at the school that when they paid for the supplies, they could start telling me what brands to buy.

it was a shirt like that, that my son had on when the school made him take it off and wear a shirt out of the lost and found

The local high school was sending kids home for wearing SPONGE BOB shirts since SB was a GANG EMBLEM!!!

gig.gif

They should but SB shirts on kids that wear colors. What gang was that? The dufuses? oh just checked , yellow is LK's. Geez what do you have left? Any given color has a gang of some kind that uses it as identifier.

The answer ot all teacher-related problems of quality and issues....

Homeschool!!

Thankfully we live in a nation that still allows YOU to direct your child's learning.

YOU get to decide who will educate your child...some random person youve never met, who is guided by a board of people you do not know who elect themselves and pass policies with ZERO oversight and ZERO accountability.....

Or YOU can choose to school them elsewhere...private schools, at home, at a homeschool co-op (where a group of people hire a teacher THEY interview to teach their children...very one-room schoolhouse, economical (costs are decided by the parents and the teacher getting together...so you get to control the costs and what your children learn, and still get to "send" them to school for this type of homeschool.

Government does poorly in places where individuals matter, but well in places where the greater good is what comes first.

I hope you find some resolution to the getting picked on by an adult!! You would think an adult would be able to put emotions aside and react rationally.

I understand that for the most part all these rules and stuff are schools desprate attempt to fight a society in which there is over crowding , growing violence , ect.
But .... they go to far so often and dont really get that great of results for most of these wierd policey they put in place.
This is why I am about 95% convienced I am gonna home school my son starting at grade school level.

My daughter attends a public high school that is tied directly to the local community college. She had to apply to get in and there are a bunch of participation rules that go along with attending. One of these is a parent must attend every quarterly parent meeting.

Last thursday was the 3rd quarter parent meeting. I am in PA right now and my husband - who is with the kids - had a tree fall through his windsheild. Thursday mornign he called her advisor to tell her that he would be unable to attend because the truck would not be repaired until friday and I was out of town. He also left a message with the principal.

The principal called my husband and told him that an inoperable vehicle was not an excuse and someone needed to be there. And if no one was there to represent our dd, she would not be allowed to attend the school in the fall.

(Side note: we have never missed one meeting in 2 years. We have paid all the "activity fees" and done all th "required" volunteer time. Our dd is a good student, never gets introuble, is on the school soccer team and the yearbook committee.)

we live about 20 miles away from the school and there is no public transportation. We also have no family we could call and count on in the state much less in our county. There really was no option.

Yesterday when my hubby picked dd up from soccer practice she informed him that the principal approached her during school hours and told her she would not be invited to attend teh school for her junior year!!!

Further, she found out that there was another student she knows whose parents also did not go to the MANDETORY parent meeting because it was there 20th anniversary. The principal excused that couple from attending. It appears that the principal is buddy-buddy with the other couple!

My problem with public schools is they are crap. Plain and simple. Rules are only rules when the person in charge deems them rules. It's a total power trip for some of these idiots. They seem to forget they are there to TEACH!

The way to solve it.......eliminate the union and pay teachers based on performance....that would get rid of these useless teachers and "administrators" who think they are hot you-know-what cause they order kids around all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom