So mad

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
My town confiscated my cuckoo marans!!!

The were shipped off to a farm and now I have a $300 fine to pay for breaking zoning laws...

I don't know what to say...
rant.gif

Laws that say what kinds of activities (industrial, commercial, residential) are allowed on your property. Zoning laws vary from town to town and state to state. In some areas, unless your land is zoned agricultural, you can't have chickens.

Seriously??? So then you would have to move if you wanted to keep animals in a non-argicultural zone....or what??
sad.png

Sometimes you can get a variance. Or you can petition to get the local laws changed. Sometimes moving is the only answer.

I live in an unincorporated area of the county (as in I am not within city limits). It is a suburban area. I can have ducks or chickens with no problems. If I lived in the city of Fountain (to the South of me) I wouldn't be allowed to have either. If I lived in Colorado Springs (to the North of me), I could have up to 10 chickens depending on square footage, but no roosters.

Last edited:
My god......and I thought the legal requirements here were bad enough, at least I will always be allowed chicks no matter where I live..........hell of a lot of paper work though

Back
Top Bottom