So much for introductions...

beegirl950

Chirping
Oct 23, 2020
Pikeville, Tennessee
Well I was going to introduce a couple of my 5 juveniles, but they all went in at sundown. I had to crawl around under the coop for the polish but they have occupied one of the best boxes in the big coop so tomorrow is the big test to see if they can fend for themselves as a group. I need to get at least 4 out of the brooder to the great outdoors in the juvenile coop. But now I am going to wash myself and everything I have on. No fun crawling around in chicken run. Good night chickens.

Well I was going to introduce a couple of my 5 juveniles, but they all went in at sundown. I had to crawl around under the coop for the polish but they have occupied one of the best boxes in the big coop so tomorrow is the big test to see if they can fend for themselves as a group. I need to get at least 4 out of the brooder to the great outdoors in the juvenile coop. But now I am going to wash myself and everything I have on. No fun crawling around in chicken run. Good night chickens.
:welcome :welcome :welcome

I already introduced myself in the introductions thread.
This thread is about introducing 5 of my juvenile chickens to the big coop and the hens. I was just going to do 2 of them. A Blue Americana and an Olive Egger but they all took the bait when I opened up the dog cage door. I have a mini coop screwed to the side of my main coop. On the inside of the main coop, I have a large dog cage. The juveniles and the hens have been eyeing each other for a month now. With my last experiences with chickens, I am confident they will get it by learning from the big hens. I just have to get up early tomorrow to check. All chickens are bullies, some more so than others.....kinda like people. Lol

Mini coop for juveniles

Attachments

• PXL_20201021_194757413.jpg
    PXL_20201021_194757413.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom