So one of our erm... EE's delivered an egg..(updated! 2nd EE egg pic!)

Thanks everyone! It's the next morning and we are soooo excited to see another egg, hopefully. It looks like this is a fairly consistant color for the style EE we have. The other has just a lot of orange and a little black with very blue legs. I can't wait to see her eggs as well. It would be great to see them lay well like dweggs' ladies.

We have a Black Sex Link/Black Star that is also nearing 24 weeks and no eggs from her yet. The list mantained by eggs4sale states that I have a Black Star that is the biggest slacker in Black Star history... Well probably not the slackinest but it does concern me.

My mentor said it would be another month or so till we saw eggs from either of the two EE's. I gotta email her and let her know we got one. Our daughters were besides themselves yesterday when they got home from school and saw that first green egg. I love it lol.

My EE also looks just like yours. I hope her eggs will be as pretty when she starts laying. I also have a BO. Is that light pink-beige color typical for them? I hope so; it will contrast nicely with my Welsummer's eggs. I love the idea of having a palette of feather and egg colors. All my chickens are different breeds. I don't have eggs yet but I can feel your excitement.

Oooohhh we really wanted to have a couple Welsummers in our first flock. No such luck though. From what I hear the BO eggs are usually that light pinkish color. The second one was a bit darker but the last one was back to that light color. I hear ya on the color thing. We are super happy with our green egg. I really look forward to having a nice mix with our small flock. Neither layer laid anything today. Our SLW is doing the pre egg sit down though. DW is sayin 3 eggs tomorrow. I'll go with her on that lol.
smile.png

I totally agree halo. I still can't get over the color of that egg. We have two EE's but I really love the coloring on this one. It looks just like the hawks we have out here. It was a total suprise to me that she laid 2nd in the flock. They have all been so squatty lately. (Squatty?) Squakin to all goodness above. Our SLW is next up at bat but she is such a quiet little thing. We expected her to lay today but it didn't go that way. Almost certain it will be her day tomorrow.

Quote:
Thanks! Love how cheesy I am puttin all the eggs together to take a pic? lol So as for the EE thing. It stands for an Easter Egger. They will lay anything from blue, green, to brown and pinks. They are often confused with the actual Ameraucana which will only lay a blue egg, as I have just recently found out.
lol.png
They were an American version of the Araucana.The Araucana is a blue egg layer from South America that was highly prised for it's unique colored eggs. They wanted a Northern American version for the industry I think about 30? years ago. It was something like an agressiveness issue or something with the South American species that made them want to make a new version for the U.S. I could be wrong about most of this but this is what I understand it to be and if others chime in they can probably give you a better answer then that. Mine is probably diluted cause I'm new to chooks lol. I just didn't want to give you a link and tell you to look it up. It reminds me of my father and I'm not to fond of him lol. There is a lot of mistaking Ameraucanas for Easter Eggers which I guess it's just a mutt of the colored egg layers. Ameraucana would be True Ameraucana and probably somewhat difficult to find. Well, I'm sure on here it wouldn't take you too long to track some down.

Last edited:
well I bought an NDS game for 10 dollars and its called farmlife.
In the chicken minigame you have to catch the white/brown eggs and leave the "ewwy" green eggs.
I wass just like
ep.gif
you destroyed the green eggs ahhhhhhhhh gahhhhhhhhh
barnie.gif

LOL I can't believe they make you leave those beautiful green eggs! You should look for a game called Harvest Moon. There are a bunch of them and even a few on DS and they are great fun! You get to grow a huge garden and keep a horse, cows and chickens and such. It a great farming game. I got into those when we moved out here to the country and my fall garden in real life was taking too long to grow. I wanted chooks too and we were still a few months away from getting them so that worked out great.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom