So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

JJ

How long is your hair now?? If it's long enough maybe you should think about cutting it and donating it to "Locks of Love" they make wigs for people going through chemo. I had shaved my head to support a friend of mine who lost hers to chemo. Had just grown back when I was diagnose. I lost it about 2 days before my 2nd treatment. They were 21days apart.

Hair is hair. It's gonna come back. May I suggest you take some Biotin to help strengthen your nails. Some folks loose their nails as well as hair. You won't have to shave your legs all summer!!! My brother used to tease his wife that she needed to get different colored wigs so that he could sleep with a different each night!
smack.gif

I just gave away all my caps or I would send them too you. The only time I wore more than a scarf was at bedtime. You would be amazed of how a little hair keeps you warm.

What are they putting you on? What are they giving your for stomach ickies? I used Phenigrin with so so results. Felt like crap for a week. 2nd week was better and was the 3rd.

Hang in there hun!!
love.gif

Quote:
I don't think I have time to donate, and I dyed my hair too, I don't think they take that. Yes, CM I think my hair will start going bye bye towards the second treatment. Anyone got photoshop and they can show me how I will look bald?

941_amelia_019.jpg

I'm ordering a cap or two, depending if I fall for the wig. I'm looking online for something I might need for going "out in public". I'll spend the extra $$$ for a decent one, no shiny fake crap for me. BTW - I'm not vain.
big_smile.png
Yes, I did some homework...........
sad.png

Your beautiful Luna....... the hair doesn't make a person..........the smile helps..........so try to keep a smile no matter what
big_smile.png

Maybe keep a piece of white chocolate handy, so if you feel the smile fading, you can re-fuel
lol.png

Luna, you are beautiful inside and out. Hair isn't going to change who you are. And it will grow back. Looking at the shape of your face and head? Don't hide the hair loss, embrace it as part of who you are.
hugs.gif
as always.

Back
Top Bottom