so tell me, how hard is it to learn to knit?

My Grandma taught me how to do a stitch or two when I was a kid...

I could never understand why she would laugh at what I had made?....
cool.png

I second the Ravelry.com site- great patterns, yarn ideas and instructions. I taught myself to do entrelac knitting for my soon-to-be first grandchild's afghan that is my current project.

You can do it. Just start with something easy so you don't get frustrated. I was a self taught crocheter first. My granny taught me the knit stitch at 17 and I made hanger covers. Never did it again until 35 and then I got very frustrated with mistakes. Get instructions on how to pick up a dropped stitch and that will save you a lot of frustration. Good luck. BTW, now I am knitting constantly.

I didn't read all the posts here... but.... my daughter (and son a little) have been knitting with a nifty knitter (I think from provocraft?) VERY easily! It's so easy it's crazy! My daughter knows how to knit with needles also, but it's so much easier for her 6yo hands to do the nifty knitter. Then I saw a mom at the pool yesterday using one. She tried regular knitting and it took her several months to NOT complete a hat... w/ her nifty knitter she'd done two in the past two weeks.

They're just like a plastic loom.

Back
Top Bottom