So upset!! Lost my first chicken to neighbor's dog!! :(

I am right there with you on a crazy neighbor. Our teens kept leaving the front door open and our dog got out, so the neighbor shot her because he lets his chicks stay in a dog kennel and she saw them hopping in and out and wanted one before we knew she was out. $90 later she's ok. I knew we didn't have anything we could do about it, but an hour later while we were at the vet, they came out of their home with a pistol towards my 15 yr old stepson while he was riding his bike. He said what are you going to shoot me now? and they went back in.

So I was afraid that they would retaliate against my animals and the rest of us if we didn't leave them alone. We put a self closing latch on our front door, but the dog got out of the basement door that the teens didn't close after all that before getting on the bus, so we lost a duck and hen if you've seen my former post about it. Seeing the damage, the teens are doing better about the basement door now.

Buying the house would be a great way to fix it. I hope you are able to do that. If he is violent with his dog, and other people in his life, he could be that with you. I think having him away is the best thing. Not only because of the dog, but because of his violent behavior toward people.

Quote:
Best not go back to year old thread reading about chicken killing dogs......if you get freaked out about people killing the dogs

Quote:
Best not go back to year old thread reading about chicken killing dogs......if you get freaked out about people killing the dogs

I know, but we lost our first hen yesterday, and I was looking for threads about others with the same experience. Then that got me thinking about our 3 dogs. Don't want to lose any more animals. And I very much put dogs - all dogs - in a very different category than chickens, though I love our ladies. Luckily, our dogs are not chicken killers.

Back
Top Bottom