So what if GMO corn causes cancer

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fowl_Odor002, Oct 1, 2012.

1. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

GM food is a killer. It must be true because I read it on some crank's website.

[​IMG]

2. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

3. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    The thing is, everything is GMO, wheat, soybeans--two food crops that are in every food product out there. It is really hard to escape it. Corn is especially hard to find GMO free, and the varieties you do find aren't as tasty as "Silver Queen" etc. Growing your own food is probably the best way to combat it.

4. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    So they did some 2 year tests on some mice that are prone to developing cancer, and they developed cancer.............but they have NO EVIDENCE from the 30+ years people have been eating it that shows it causes any problems at all.

1 person likes this.
  5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    EVERYTHING causes cancer according to one study or another. And according to one study or another, everything, including distilled water, is bad for you. A lot of these "studies" have an agenda, and the trial is set up so that the results will support whatever theory is being "tested". Many of the trials are flawed from the get-go. Remember the old computer mantra GIGO? Garbage in=garbage out.

1 person likes this.
  6. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

It's amazing to me how little people understand about how scientific research works. [​IMG] Or how to interpret results, for that matter.....

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Who says it causes cancer? Just wondering where the info came from and how reliable it is..

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Before a new drug comes out on the market it goes through some testing to make sure it is safe for the public. This is not failsafe. If the drug is a big money maker, it usually gets passed through with less tests. If something is wrong with the drug the companies would rather pay the money in claims to victims than waste their time to make sure it is safe because it is more cost effective that way. So> Why on earth would a large corporation that has created these GMOs purely for profit, do any safety testing if they are not recquired? And why would someone accept that these GMOs are safe and take the word of a Corporation that is selling these purely for profit? Why take these Corporations word over a scientific experiment? It has been shown the corrporations choose paying a lawsuit over full if any disclosure to the public of facts because it is more profitable(as in tobacco corp)(mining comp) And the corporations just hire lawyers to drag it out in court year after year after year.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by