*SOB* Kindergarten ALREADY?

Aw, she's gorgeous! Is she carrying a jar of preserves to her teacher? That's awesome!
Oblio your rootin' tootin' first grade and mine should meet sometime. We'll have to try for a mid-New England event! My son loves silkies too! He went off for his third day of first grade an hour ago. From the way he's talking he's quickly taking over the school. Not really, but he's got it all mapped out in his head and has such self confidence about being there it amazes me.
This is pretty much like kindergarten for us. We kept him in his small Montessori school for his K year so this is his first experience and ours with public school, riding the bus etc. He's doing great. I'm getting used to it. Soon I'll start getting calls to substitute and I won't be sitting here for hours or cleaning all day. I actually got called in for the first day but said no because it was his first day.

You have a darling child! I can see why you're gonna miss her!

Try this though...my baby started her freshman year Monday. My oldest is a senior this year. I'm too young to have children this old!!
hit.gif
The next thing I know, it'll be my future grandchildren in kindergarten!
barnie.gif

Ah Tiffanyh I am right there with you! School starts for me the same day it does for them! I got to put my baby on the bus to kindergarden, but wasn't the one who got her off. I wept all the way to school and thne looked at the bright shining faces of the teenagers sitting in front of me and nearly started up again! I knew each and every one of them was some one else's baby! Most of them are freshman and new to college.....

This is the first year both kids will be in school full day...

My umbilical cord is starting to hurt!

That is exactly what I am teaching,.,. great now I am going to cry more! I dont get to get him off the bus his first day either, but I am off foro day two. I made daddy take the day off to get him off the bus!​

Quote:
It's the opposite for me I think. I am a nervous crier and that made DD a nervous crier. Or maybe it is genetic...

Starting K Tuesday as well. I haven't slept more than 2 consecutive hours in the last 2 nights. She is up with some excuse or other EVERY TWO HOURS. She is WAY too excited about this.

The only thing that will keep her head from exploding the first week is the fact that her best friend on the planet is in her class!

Well Today is Friday and ending my son's First week of Kinder! Wow the house has been so quiet in the mornings....It feels kind of lonely. He really like it though and has learned a lot in only 1 week! I am so proud! But everyday It seems when I drop him off I drop off my heart too...I tend to linger a little until his class room door is closed...

Enjoy it, ya'll. Won't be long until they're telling you NOT to walk them to the front door, much less their classroom door. And heaven forbid you should kiss or hug them good bye in front of everyone!!

When my teen has been a real aggravation I make sure I yell "I love you" right around the time she gets to her cluster of friends. I know he friends pretty well and I think they get a kick out of it, too.

My pre-teen isn't so bad yet. I'm not cool but I'm not a pain, either. I'm sure that'll change as she gets a little older. She scared me the other day. Said her bib sis was teaching her about life in the real world
gig.gif

That is exactly what I am teaching,.,. great now I am going to cry more! I dont get to get him off the bus his first day either, but I am off foro day two. I made daddy take the day off to get him off the bus!

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

gasp chortle snort ------ ME TOO!!!!

He took a vacation day!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I am SO going to show him this thread!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
:lau
lau.gif

Quote:
lol.png
Or if she dates younger men, my 3 year old's interested. He likes the 'pretty girl on the puter'.
And he's got a love of chickens too...
wink.png
You can never have enough.
[URL]http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u340/SterlingME/th_KeejChicken.jpg[/URL]

Seriously, though. Congrats and sorry about the first day of kindergarten. They grow up WAY too fast.
hugs.gif

OMG, that video--my favorite part is the expression on his face when you say, "What are you doing?" and he all of a sudden gets all innocent and says, "Huh?"
I love seeing pics and hearing about everyone's kids. I feel much less alone in my silly blubbering now!

I loved that part too! Haha, he was too cute.

Back
Top Bottom