*SOB* Kindergarten ALREADY?

Quote:
I did the same thing. It helped me to know what was really going on in school, to help the teachers out and get to know who the other kids were as well. I didn't work there though, just volunteered 1-2 days a week for 9 years between the two kids.

Ones in college and the other is in HS now. I was lucky enough to be a stay home mom for 17 years and I enjoyed it immensely. I feel some minor panic now that I've started thinking about the fact that my daughter is a junior in HS and she'll only be living at home with us for one more school year before she's off to college too!

It's just one more hurdle to get over... Maybe once they're both done with college I can finally get that small barn I've dreamed about built???
hmm.png
(gotta find that silver lining somewhere...)

Last edited:
My kids start school on the 2nd. My youngest is in her second year of preschool, since she doesn't turn 5 until February. So next year will be my last Kindergartner. My oldest is in his second year of college! I also have a senior in high school and a third grader! Keeps life interesting!!
ep.gif

L&Schickens :

Quote:
I know! He was just so cool about leaving me! Ho well. Guess it is better then him having a screaming hissy fit like I expected.
wink.png

My daughter has always been the "OK, Mommy, you go now" type.
hmm.png

It can hurt my feelings sometimes, but then I realize that it means I must be doing something right, because she is completely secure in any situation. I wish, for her, that that feeling lasts and lasts.​

My baby will be 27 on Sept. 9 and her oldest started first grade this week and the second one starts kindergarten next week.

Belinda, your daughter is beautiful! She looks a lot happier than you were feeling.
hugs.gif

Susan

Quote:
Aw, thanks. At least I didn't cry. I'm just bummed that the "baby" years are over so quickly. We wanted lots of kids, but that wasn't meant to be, for us...and as it turns out, that may have been for the best, considering some other health issues my husband has to deal with. Heck, THIS kid, for me, is a pure miracle, produced against all odds and despite what 99% of all doctors told me was possible, with one li'l lone ovary. I never get over the sheer wonder of her, and I try to imagine how it must be to have more than one, and experience that awe over and over.

ETA: NOW, I AM crying!

Last edited:
A dear friend of mine thought she would never have children with only one half of one ovary. She got a big surprise when she had her son and then an even bigger one exactly 1 year later when she had twins! And no fertility drugs either!
lol.png

Quote:
No drugs for me, either, but I did have a lifesaving 6+ hour surgical procedure that, besides allowing me to live past Christmas 2000, gave me a small window of fertility. I actually had one other pregnancy two years after my daughter was born, but miscarried shortly after my father died. I was so incredibly grief-sick that I've suspected the stress contributed to the loss of that baby.
sad.png
But I took some comfort in thinking that I'd sent my dad a grandchild to care for until we're together again someday.

hugs.gif

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make light of your situation. That must have been heartbreaking for you. I know how incredibly difficult it is to lose a parent and a child.
hugs.gif

Quote:
LOL Yeah I got spanked and sent to the "naughty chair" the first hour of my first day of kindergarden, I've always been good at knowin what I done wrong, but to this day I still aint figured out what I done then, cuz believe it or not, I was the shyest, quietest one in the class. I learned to play hooky after that little incident LOL!

Back
Top Bottom