Soda/Obesity Tax?

What do you think about the Soda/Obesity Tax?

• I support it - it's a great idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm on the fence.

• I'm against it.

• I don't drink sodas.

• Other - specify.

• Total voters
Quote:
big_smile.png
I saw yours I figured it was time for halloween ones!

Is that you?
big_smile.png

I think soda is probably one thing that contributes to obesity, and we all know that obesity contributes to health problems, and easily preventable health problems end up costing society money...so I guess I agree, in principle, that if society's gonna eventually pony up for a case-a-day soda drinker to get a quadruple bypass at 50, then yeah, he should be chipping in a little extra on it along the way. It's very similar to levying extra tax on smokes when you consider what smoking costs society..

However...taxing non-diet soda alone seems a bit arbitrary. What about drive-thru food, in general? Or bacon? Lard? Diet soda, even, since it's also pretty horrible for the human body.. If you're gonna tax one bad thing, you should probably tax them all.. The problem is, how do you decide what's good and what's bad, considering "leading scientists" change their minds on what's good and what's bad from one day to the next..

All in all, I just don't think it's feasible.. Good intention, poor execution.

On the upside...maybe if they decided to arbitrarily hike the tax on regular soda, manufacturers would work extra hard to create a diet soda that didn't taste like butt on a dry cracker.

I hate diet soda, btw.
tongue.png

Quote:
big_smile.png
I saw yours I figured it was time for halloween ones!

Is that you?
big_smile.png

Why yes ma'am it is!

gig.gif
You make an AWESOME vampire! Thats what I'm going to be this year as a matter of fact. Me and my daughter (6) are vampires!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
gig.gif
Heck I got a "farmer" costume!!
gig.gif

I'll post pic's for sure - you too!!!

Yea, I'm pretty much wearing my chore clothes
roll.png
I do have some obnoxious buck nasty teeth and a crazy blonde braided wig. I'm also going to be wearing Grampie's straw hat- for full effect.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom