Okay I just gave her a second calcium dose with the metacam before putting them away for the night.

Also I want to say I tried this new brand of oyster shell and highly reccomend them. I've never had much luck getting my girls to eat the white or gray types of oyster shell so I've always just bought a lot of chicken eggs for me to eat so my girls can have the shells, but I tried this new type at the beginning of these soft shell issues and my girls have been absolutely demolishing them and haven't touched their pile of egg shells since, also they were pretty affordable on amazon so if anyone ever is saying they can't get their hens to eat normal oyster shell id definitely reccomend this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R247HPH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Attachments

• 20240525_193442.jpg
    20240525_193442.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240525_193558.jpg
    20240525_193558.jpg
    788 KB · Views: 4
Found a couple very small soft eggshell pieces in the pool but no other evidence of an egg today. She visibly looks better really her bloating is looking the same as the other ducks that are laying now, and it feels like there is just one small egg in there. At this point I'm pretty confident she is gonna get it out. I'm pretty sure my vet will be closed tomorrow for memorial day, but depending on how she seems to be doing on Tuesday I think I will call the vet and either reschedule the appointment for a little bit later, or change it to a regular appointment to see if the vet can get the egg out without anesthesia like she tried to last time, and get more metacam if needed. She seems to be doing very good overall acting normal I really think she will manage to get it out soon.

Okay so it's still not out yet but she is looking good and still trying. Not sure if she is eating them and pooping them out, or just moving them, but I'm finding a little pile of the oyster shells in her pool every morning. I just called the vet to reschedule her appointment my bills are upcoming and I need to make sure I'll be able to pay them. The soonest they had in the schedule was next Thursday, but if it's not out by this Friday I will call them to have them put me on the list for canceled appointment and I can usually get in pretty quick once I'm on that list.

Nothing to update yet she is doing about the same and no egg yet, but on the bright side here is a little vid of a muscovy Mom with 21 ducklings I just saw while dropping off an uber eats order

So precious but right on a busy road? I know I worry about things 9i have no control of. Boy she sure has her wings full taking care of all of them.
Thanks for the update.

So precious but right on a busy road? I know I worry about things 9i have no control of. Boy she sure has her wings full taking care of all of them.
Thanks for the update.
Yeah it's just a small neighborhood road only people that live there go by but they were literally all just sitting smack dab in the middle of the road when I got there but momma started moving them as soon as she saw me coming, I see them all around here in neighborhoods with ducklings but never have seen one with anywhere close to that many most I've ever seen before was 14 she had 21

Last edited:
That is a busy mama, I hope the neighborhood likes them.

I saw a member here on BYC say once his/her Muscovy hatched out 19, They really do want to take over the world. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom