Soft spot in bill ... is that normal??

Brenda22778

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2017
Butler, PA
I brought home two babies in May (one roen and one Peking) with no idea what I was doing and this site has helped so much! I learned how to fix my Peking's angel wing through reading some posts. While he wasn't wild about his week and a half of duck spanx his wing is now perfect!

However he is once again troubling me ... both my boys are kept in a pen at night together and given the same feed (with a sprinkle of niacin) and water ... during the day they are free range in the yard together.

Today I noticed he seems to have a soft/discolored area on his bill. It doesn't seem to bother him --- he's been eating and drinking and acting normally but it concerns me.

His brother the Roen's bill seems perfectly normal. Does anyone know what could be happening? Am I just being a paranoid momma???
IMG_3758.JPG
IMG_3760.JPG

Looks like he may have scraped it on something while he was digging. Mine did that on the bottom of the fence row trying to grass on the opposite side. My ducks don't like to held so I had to get creative on how I could go about this, I would put neosporine on my thumb and when I gave them treats...I would just glide my thumb his bill. It will scab over somewhat but mine were small kinks and I only had to do it twice. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom