Software to track Egg Selling

Max Pringle

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2018
I am a computer programmer by trade. I have been doing a little research and have not found a very good software that tracks private sales to local buyers of eggs. I am curious of a couple things...
  1. What problems do you run into keeping track of selling eggs?
  2. Do you currently use software to track this?
  3. If so, what are some of the features that you like and some that you wish existed?
I know that for me I use an excel spreadsheet to track all of my sales, customer info, when to deliver eggs, etc. I am wanting to get a feel to see if others would like an app on a smart phone to do this.

I am a computer programmer by trade. I have been doing a little research and have not found a very good software that tracks private sales to local buyers of eggs. I am curious of a couple things...
  1. What problems do you run into keeping track of selling eggs?
  2. Do you currently use software to track this?
  3. If so, what are some of the features that you like and some that you wish existed?
I know that for me I use an excel spreadsheet to track all of my sales, customer info, when to deliver eggs, etc. I am wanting to get a feel to see if others would like an app on a smart phone to do this.
We could use help with this. I have spreadsheets for every other business transaction tracking, but not for "eating eggs". Who I sold to/dozens/dollars. It's very easy, but it's the frequency. I wish that I could just hit a button. I did sign up for quickbooks, hoping that it might provide a solution.

We could use help with this. I have spreadsheets for every other business transaction tracking, but not for "eating eggs". Who I sold to/dozens/dollars. It's very easy, but it's the frequency. I wish that I could just hit a button. I did sign up for quickbooks, hoping that it might provide a solution.

It would be a simple app! I looked up quick books and it is roughly $15 a month. It sure would be nice to have an app that you pay $1 for at the time of purchase, or a commission based on egg sales, or free for the base features(who you sold to/dozens/dollars) then charge for more advanced features like automatic bill pay (such as, you deliver the dozen eggs and the customer clicks a button to pay and it is automatically withdrawn from their account and put into yours). All sorts of ideas!

Back
Top Bottom