Solar Eclipse 2024 Coming April 8th!

Are you traveling to see it?

• Total voters
Pics
We're probably going to see nothing here. We're around the 60% line, plus clouds and rain. :hmm
Screenshot_20240406_204140_The Weather Channel.jpg

It'll be in Tyler this year. People are renting out 10ft pieces of their fields for like $400.
Honestly that is crazy. We own an RV park.in Carrizo Springs TX and are only charging $50 per night. Any reservations we've taken for the eclipse are dry camping and we make that clear, but we will convert those to a regular RV space if available.
Right now it looks like the few solar reservations we have will get an full hookups RV space.
Only reason we had to do it this way is because this area is mostly long term customers and it did not make sense to take a day or two reservation and miss out on a customer who will be here multiple months and this is when things get busy here.

Won't have to travel anywhere here! I'll be watching it from my roof if weather cooperates!

Although, tomorrow, if it looks like Monday's gonna be overcast or raining in the afternoon, I'll try to see if it'll be clear somewhere within a few hours drive. This'll be the last one (total at least) in the states for nearly 20 years, gosh dang it, I'm gonna see it! 😅

I'm going to Kerrville but it's expected to be heavy cloud cover....it will still occur, just won't be able to see it like if it was clear. Have to be in Kerrville by 10am, then officials are shutting down any roads into the town, re-routing to IH 10 for those not lucky enough to be there by 10am.

The news showed the HEB in Kerrville and all the shelves were empty....what the heck are people thinking....it's not the "Apocalypse"! 🤣

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom