Solar Options for Chicken coop got any to share

SOlace30

In the Brooder
Jul 25, 2019
Hello, I'm looking to adding solar panels to chicken coop roof. My roof is slanted 8x10 I can get 2 or 3 100 watt panels. Wanted to know if anyone has done this before and what they connected to the solar specifically in helping the chicken.

I live in N Cal so don't need any warmer for water or heater in coop.
Below is what I have come up as short list has anyone else added something I'm not thinking about?
Chicken Coop Door opener
Light inside chicken coop
Fan
Outdoor lighting.

thanks
Dan

Hello, I'm looking to adding solar panels to chicken coop roof. My roof is slanted 8x10 I can get 2 or 3 100 watt panels. Wanted to know if anyone has done this before and what they connected to the solar specifically in helping the chicken.

I live in N Cal so don't need any warmer for water or heater in coop.
Below is what I have come up as short list has anyone else added something I'm not thinking about?
Chicken Coop Door opener
Light inside chicken coop
Fan
Outdoor lighting.

thanks
Dan
If the coop is a walk-in, which I'm guessing it is by the 8x10 footprint, you could add a couple outlets. I use outlets for heating pads or heat lamps when brooding (I assume you still need heat for brooding chicks in NorCal). They would also allow you to add an additional (plug-in) fan or lights if ever needed.
Have you ever considered a small water feature? That might be cool. My chickens also love our pond, but I'd suggest something shallow like a small fountain. Maybe a misting system too for the really hot days.
Do you have any need for serving electricity to other things in your yard? You could add some outdoor outlets on the outside of the coop for other things like small power tools, water pumps, etc.

Back
Top Bottom