Sold 3 wk old sexed chicks based on wings?

I don’t know if you can zoom in, but the chick on the far left reminds me of your big EE, but maybe a few days ahead.
I find that if I right mouse and open the picture in a new tab, I can then enlarge it by clicking. Don't know about any of the others but I'd put money on the one 3rd from the right being male.

I got another pic of the mystery chick if anyone has breed guesses.

It was freakishly 70 degrees here...for an hour...back to snow temps tonight!

Attachments

• IMG_20180412_172041130.jpg
    IMG_20180412_172041130.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180412_171941145.jpg
    IMG_20180412_171941145.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 19
I find that if I right mouse and open the picture in a new tab, I can then enlarge it by clicking. Don't know about any of the others but I'd put money on the one 3rd from the right being male.
On my chicks? I think you're right. I think boy, girl, girl, girl, boy, boy, boy, girl, knowing that two have their backs turned in the photo, lol. And I just realized it's only of eight chicks. The most obvious cockerel is not in that shot.

10-11 week olds PULLET OR COCKEREL?

I know two are cockrels for sure, 2 are pullets for sure. these are the ???

Pics 1,2,3 Brown Easter egger. Comb slightly more pink than the others, red on shoulders? Likes to jump at and attack other cockrels. Thoughts?
brown rooster running.jpg brown rooster side.jpg brown rooster comb.jpg

Pics 4, 5, 6 TWO white and orange easter eggers. I read on here white and orange coloring is reserved for males? SO these two are both males? But no red at all (even pink really) in combs...
orange chicken side.jpg orange chickens sides.jpg white chicken backs.jpg
#4 I'm pretty sure its a light brahma pullet. but the RED cheeks is making me wonder. It did have early tail feather development= pullet. thoughts?
light chicken.jpg

The first EE, with the black head; pullet
The lighter orange and white is a pullet, from what I can see, and the darker one... I'm gonna say pullet. I don't see anything that says cockerel, except the darker orange coloring. The parts that go over the wings aren't especially dark though.
At this point, the brahma is a pullet. They usually take a couple weeks longer to mature then average, so I'd give that one some time.

10-11 week olds PULLET OR COCKEREL?

I know two are cockrels for sure, 2 are pullets for sure. these are the ???

Pics 1,2,3 Brown Easter egger. Comb slightly more pink than the others, red on shoulders? Likes to jump at and attack other cockrels. Thoughts?
View attachment 1409084 View attachment 1409085 View attachment 1409087

Pics 4, 5, 6 TWO white and orange easter eggers. I read on here white and orange coloring is reserved for males? SO these two are both males? But no red at all (even pink really) in combs...
View attachment 1409040 View attachment 1409041 View attachment 1409044
#4 I'm pretty sure its a light brahma pullet. but the RED cheeks is making me wonder. It did have early tail feather development= pullet. thoughts?
View attachment 1409045

Thanks for updating the thread! So many times there is the question but never an update.

The first one I am thinking male but not certain.

Your orange and white look to be female. I had a wonderfully orange female a few years ago so I KNOW they can be that color. The orange/red is very even so I am going with female.

Your Brahma looks to be female too.

Yes the dark head EE I am really thinking male. I read on here males have different color head vs neck feathers whereas females have same coloring all the way done. This one definitely has two different feather types head and neck- does that not make it cockerel?

I am SO relieved the white and orange ones are pullets!!!! :D

Will wait on Brahma. She so friendly and clam, I might have to go all Brahma. I heard the roosters are "quiet" for roosters so maybe if she is a he i could get away with it...I have 3/4 acre and only one neighbor.....

Back
Top Bottom