1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sold my first eggs today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Danigirl3, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Danigirl3

Danigirl3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Central Maine
    Just sold my first dozen. I'm a little more excited about this than I thought I would be. lol

2. aka Rachel

aka Rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

haha grats!! Many more egg sales to you!

I think I'd be crazy eggcited too [​IMG]

3. koifarm

koifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool beans....it's fun when you finally start paying yourself back for all the feed and stuff....
    I had it figured the first time I sold a dozen that it should sell for $432 to break even.
    It's tough finding buyers at that price.....

4. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Congrats [​IMG] I haven't sold any yet but can't wait [​IMG]

5. SandRun

SandRun Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I sold my first 2 doz. yesterday, actually my wife did to a co-worker. What's everyone getting per dozen, I sold mine for $2.00 each dozen. Too much too little? The nice thing is he wants 1 dozen every week.

6. abooth

abooth Chillin' With My Peeps

I get $2.00 a dozen and people are happy to pay it. They love those eggs!

7. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. thereseiam

thereseiam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Durant, Iowa
    I haven't sold any yet, but am considering putting an 'honor stand' at the end of my driveway. I stayed with a friend in Ohio to do some trail riding this summer, and her neighbor had one of those, which I thought was a great idea.

For now, I'm so jazzed about having eggs, that I'm giving away dozens of them to everyone I know--the vet got a dozen yesterday, as did some co-workers, two dozen to a good friend--I won't ever have any to sell if I don't quit giving them away! [​IMG]

Therese

9. Danigirl3

Danigirl3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Central Maine
    I sold mine for 2.00. My husband said 2.25 with the carton or 2.00 if they bring their own. She was thrilled with the price and brought her own carton. I gave some of the smaller and not as pretty looking ones to my sister. I mentioned the price and she said, "geez that's kind of expensive you can get them in the store for less than that." I thought it was pretty reasonable and was surprised that my own sister balked at it.

Editing to add I GAVE them to my sister, not charged her and she still compalined about the price and I don't think she even said thank you now that I think about it. Hmmmmm

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  10. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Tell your sister these taste MUCH better then the store eggs, lol

I sell mine for 2.00 too... sold 4 dz. today... to my cousins and they thought that was a great price...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by