Some neighbors are just great

greeneggsandham

Songster
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Putnam,CT
Most eveyone around here is on at least 2 acres or more and I have met just about everyone, but there is one neighbor that lives back in the woods that I have yet to meet.
Well tonight she stopped by to buy eggs
smile.png
. She is the sweetest lady and is so happy to have fresh eggs. I was washing some poo marks off the eggs and she's like just "give me that dirty dozen" LOL. As she was leaving she said see in a few day.
Some neighbors are just great.

Yep..love my neighbors too...
Had a street tag sale today.... everyone was outside just hanging out... my dogs were barking... geese squaking..roosters crowing..pigs grunting...
Didnt faze them at all... matter of fact they came over to talk to them all...
lol.png

I'm sooo lucky!

Quote:
Are loose chickens illegal where you live? They aren't here. Loose cats, loose chickens, loose peacocks -- all legal. Police won't respond to such non-sense calls.

I love my neighbors, to.
smile.png
They are all older people, and SO nice.

Not to long ago I went over to talk to one of them, as I try to set down and talk to them everyonce

in awhile, and she asked if I had a rooster running loose. I said "Yes, I have one loose at the
moment, Why?" - "Because there has been a rooster in my bird feeders lately, and I figured he
belonged to you!" She said with a smile. I don't think the bird she was talking about was my bird,
I don't even know if it was a chicken, but she didn't mind him invading her feeders
tongue.png
She loves it

when my young beagle gets loose (Hard to keep that dog home) because he goes straight to her
house. Her grand kids named him 'corndog'
tongue.png

I don't know my neighbours. They don't like me though, because there are frequently arguments in our house. It's kind of sad, because back in my house in the UK, we were very close to our neighbours, and the girl next door went to school with me.

I'd love a good neighbour.

Thank you all. She is a peach and when I make my strawberry rhubarb jam she will be getting some.

I will say we do have one rotten nasty neighbor who happens to live in front of her. He is a real piece of work.

A couple of years ago we had to call the cops which happen to be the state police because he was was screaming and swearing and threating to kill my rooster. The zoning we live in is AG and we are allowed by the zoning regs to have 50 poultry. It does not say just hens. So we could be rotten neighbors and get peafowl or giunia (sp?) hens since I know they are very load, but we have just one roo. The cops told him he had to knock it off or they would arrest him, he said the country is supposed to be quiet. The cops laughed at him and said if you want quiet you need to move to the mountains.

He has started again this year with the yelling and swearing and two of the neighbors have already told him to shut up and act like man. My husband wants to teach the guy a lesson, but I told him to just get some game cameras and put up signs that say smile your on camera. I did video him shooting off fireworks which are illegal in CT only ground ones are allowed these are more like the firework show ones. If he continues I will contact the police again and show them the video.

Back
Top Bottom