Some of my ducks have developed a »belly pouch«

I finally managed to take a good picture of Pommes Duck, today where you can see her little pouch:
full

Some other ducks have slightly larger pouches, and note that young duck standing at the left has a flat belly. She is one of Katharina's ducklings and they has not started to lay yet. The brown duck in the center is »Erpelchen«, the Buff Orpington drake who is waiting for the girls to hop into the water, so that he can use them as pool floats… ;)

Last edited:
Yes she did and she looks awesome now. She really struggled with it for many months but I hopped right on it the minute she got "that look" with the calcium gluconate and then she was fine until the next time. We went through this a lot! I had another one get it too but only once.
Glad to hear that she is OK! :) I've read too many threads where friends have lost their ducks to this… :(

I finally managed to take a good picture of Pommes Duck, today where you can see her little pouch:
full

Some other ducks have slightly larger pouches, and note that young duck standing at the left has a flat belly. She is one of Katharina's ducklings and they has not started to lay yet. The brown duck in the center is »Erpelchen«, the Buff Orpington drake who is waiting for the girls to hop into the water, so that he can use them as pool floats… ;)
The little egg shaped pouch in the photo looks exactly like my ducks when they are NOT having an egg problem, and they are just about to lay an egg. I think you are probably good!

Hello! My duck is having a big pouch hanging to the ground. I got the chance to touch it today and it felt really harden. What can I do?
20230420_172036.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom