Some of the "Kids" Grown Up (Pics)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Just snapped some pics on this not-so-cold day (40's for highs and dry after near zero degree nights with snow flurries). Rex and his half brothers, Scout and Gabriel and his half sister, Serena. Scout, Gabriel and Serena (the last two are full sibs) are 20 weeks old now, all 1/2 Delaware with Scout's mom obviously an EE as you can tell from his beard. Rex is 31 weeks and taking over as second in line to his sire, Isaac.

Rex and the next pics are his mother, Ida.

Some others today.

I did not take any photos of Deacon, Tiny's son, because I was avoiding him. He keeps flying onto my head and I'm trying to break him of that. He's way too big for that and I'm afraid he'll break my glasses or hurt me since I don't always see him coming. He's super friendly, runs to me when he's in trouble and launches himself. He also flies over the fence and one day, that fox that's been lurking may get him, I hate to say. Never had a LF rooster who could fly so well.

Very pretty flock you have!
smile.png

Thank you. That isn't nearly all of them. There are 22 in the main flock, 5 in the Orp coop, 9 in the Retirement Coop and 15 in the bantam coop. Keep waiting for that mass die-off I'm expecting any time now, though I dread it. My numbers will be cut almost in half then.

Yes, that can be a problem if they are all the same age. Mine are the same way. All 3 years old. When the time comes, it might be one after the other. Not looking forward to it. :)

Back
Top Bottom