Some people make me sooo Frigging mad *Rant*

Ema

Songster
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
N. Ontario CANADA
So the last three weeks I have been taking regular trips to the ranch where I get my feed and shavings and anything to do with the farm. I refer everyone that asks about where to buy feed to this ranch, anyone that needs wood, to this ranch, anyone that wants to learn about horses, to this ranch. I know these people they are good people, but I am not all buddy buddy with them if you know what I mean.

to get to the point, 3 weeks in a row I was told they didn't have any feed, shavings and the oyster shell I ordered 5 weeks ago still hasn't shown up. funny enough everyone else was getting these items, and so I kept thinking maybe I was coming at the wrong time and it was all gone already. Turns out someone who was recently in my barn told the ranch owner I was stock piling feed and the works, and really didn't need all the items I was purchasing and she needed it more. How do I know, because today I went to buy chicken feed and scratch, having maybe 1 quarter of a barrel left, enough to feed my flock for 5 days, I knew I couldn't wait any longer. I got there as the truck got unloaded and the skids of feed were sitting outside waiting to be moved.

well he couldn't exactly tell me he didn't have any now could he, so he told me that he preferred to keep the feed for those who could really needed at the exact time they buy it. when he elaborated he told me he knew I was stock piling and it was obvious I didn't need any. WHAT??? I keep 2 extra bags in my barn of feed 1 full barrel of BOSS and 1 barrel of Scratch. If we get hit with a snow storm and conditions are bad then I do not have to worry about getting down to the ranch which is 30 minutes away and I told him this, I also asked him about the Oyster shell which is special order and the shavings I had ordered. He pipes up with whom told him that BS and then tells me he sold her the shavings I had ordered and the Oyster shell!!!

that made me even more upset, because if keeping 2 extra bags of feed is stock piling what is it called when you have over 7 bags each of feed and shell, boss and scratch and horse feed. She didn't even need the shavings because she had 40 yards of shavings delivered to her barn a month ago. I would know I was there helping her!!!!!!!!

the worst part is she is supposedly my friend!!

for those of you have have read a few of my rants already, will already know I have had a bad streak of luck. It seems now that I have no real friends in my community, I moved here 5 1/2 years ago and I have had these friends since, well slowly I am seeing they've never been friends they have just been using me and stabbing me in the back each time it suits them. this is the third person to do something of the sort to me in the last 8 months. I have no words to how I feel but its pretty low. All I keep asking myself is, how do I attract these people, and what is it that I could have possibly have done to be treated so badly?? I guess I am just feeling super sorry for myself at this point. Tomorrow I will wake up and likely tell her to take her high horse and fake Arse hair and shove it down her big very mouth.

As for the ranch, I haven't decided yet what I am going to do, I could hold a grudge and make the 1 hr trip out of town to buy my feed now, or I could understand where he was coming from and let it roll off my back. Because I am so angry I will decide tomorrow. I will also be evaluating my friends too....I am sick of being treated like a wallflower and being trampled on. UGH!!!!

IF it was me, I would go out of town. Forget them. You don't need an enemy when you have a "friend" like that!!! The fact that the farm didn't contact you and ASK you if this was the truth, then I wouldn't do business with them any longer. If you do drive out of town to buy, you can stockpile. . .and its nobody's business but your own!!! What a shame!!!

Rather than trusting you, a steady customer who brought him more business, he listened to another and directly helped her take what was yours... either he is too stupid to protect those who depend on him, or he's untrustworthy. Either way what's to stop this from happening again?

I wouldn't risk it... not when it means your animal's health AND you having to make that trip out to the other one anyways. He chose to service her instead of you, that is his choice... it's your choice whether you want to trust someone like that... again.

I guess as a business owner it would be whoever hands me the money first. It is none of his business or anyone else whether or not you are keeping extra feed. And on the special order of oyster shell - why the heck would he sell that out from under you. It all sounds shady to me.

Drive out of town and just make the trip worth it and stock up.

Remember who is the customer here! I've never heard anything like it, feedstores profit from selling feed regardless of who buys it. They're not a charity or food bank. If they don't want your business take it elsewhere.

I would be very upset with that feed store too...
Too bad the other store is so far away..
hmm.png

Listen up.

The store needs to sell their feed a lot worse than you need to buy it.

Time to take your business elsewhere.

ya the other feed store is an hour away, our highway is terrible during winter, that is what worries me, trust me I got a lot of experience driving in the ice and snow, but it still makes me nervous.

My DH is adamant that we should cut our losses and just go out of town and let this incident roll of our backs. He said he we can go once a month and we can buy enough food, treats and what ever for a month. Dh said that is not how a business is supposed to be run. that it should matter either way and that if I was making the darn trip there for feed it should have bee sold to me, its not like I was putting it on an account I always showed up with cash on hand and tim hortons coffee in the other.

I just feel betrayed and I sure as heck do not like this feeling.

Last edited:
If that was my feed store I would no longer be a customer. I can buy all the feed I want, whenever I want, and it's not up to them to tell me I can't. And if they choose to believe someone without checking with me, that means they are untrustworthy and I would no longer trust anything they sold.

You know, i would take the time to write a letter to those jerks. "I have been buying x feed in x amount of dollars per month for x amount of time. In this time, I have sent a number of people your way, because I felt that good service and good people deserve the business. Now I see that x ranch is willing to sell me short over unvalidated rumors. I feel that this is very unprofessional and I am hurt that after sending x amount of business your way, you have not valued my business as a customer. I will NO LONGER refer customers to XYZ ranch, and I will now buy my supplies elsewhere at my expense. Please know that treating your customers with contempt and dishonesty is a very bad business practice. I am hurt by the way XYZ ranch, and Jane and John Doe have treated me."
and by the way
I know you must have some ability to post reviews online. Do so.
As for your friend
why even bother talking to her? clearly she has a problem and is willing to backstab you, and those aren't the kind of people that should be associated with.

Back
Top Bottom