Some People!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually he emailed me and said "they" all found homes even though he was advertising one dog. BTW..he said he removed his own post..I DID NOT flag his post....did I say I did? Nah..I didn't.

Miss Jayne- I fully understand that.

I edited to add that I don't even know how to flag a post...lol

Last edited:
Yeah the link stopped working.
idunno.gif

Quote:
IMO, those pictures weren't good enough to say for sure that it was a pit.

I think it is misleading to say that a pit (or other bully breeds that have been bred for dog fighting), should never be let off-leash. They are NOT all dog agressive. Do they have the potential to be dog agressive more so than say, a lab...sure. Someone who knows what it takes to keep a bully breed dog and knows the signs to watch for should be able to have their dog off-leash. Saying that every pit is dog agressive is just perpetuating the stereotype of them as vicious dogs.

It takes more than one person to flag a post and get it taken down. Plus, you are not allowed to offer free pets on craigslist. There needs to be an adoption fee.

Maybe it varies from place to place, but on CL where I live, it only takes one person to flag a post for removal and you can definitely post pets for free. In fact, the rule is free or rehoming with a small adoption fee only, no pets for sale and no breeders.

We're CL addicts in my house.
big_smile.png

Quote:
IMO, those pictures weren't good enough to say for sure that it was a pit.

I think it is misleading to say that a pit (or other bully breeds that have been bred for dog fighting), should never be let off-leash. They are NOT all dog agressive. Do they have the potential to be dog agressive more so than say, a lab...sure. Someone who knows what it takes to keep a bully breed dog and knows the signs to watch for should be able to have their dog off-leash. Saying that every pit is dog agressive is just perpetuating the stereotype of them as vicious dogs.

I agree....Any breed can be aggressive....some dogs are , some aren't no matter what the breed.

Pit bull isn't even a breed so what bully breed exactly do you think this dog has in it?? There are lots of dogs that are assumed to be pit bulls based on someone not knowing what they were talking about. Sad for those that have no bully breed in them and they lose out on a chance at a good home. Bully's aren't any different to own than any other large powerful breed. And whoever said that bully's are dog agressive by genetics needs to do some reading.

Quote:
Yes an American Pit Bull Terrier is a breed. What most claim is a pit bull is not an APBT....they are bully breed mixes.

I have not read all the posts and will not pretend to . . . but in response to the original post, I used to work at a no kill shelter where the policy was to label bully breeds as any other dog they could possibly get away with being called. It's often hard to find homes for bully breeds because of the stigma attached to them, and this is a solution many adopt. It drove me nuts, though, to see obvious pit bulls labeled as blue heelers or labrador retrievers . . . it's one of many reasons I will no longer work with no kill shelters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom