Some People!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bec, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helmstead

helmstead Songster

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I feel sorry for the Craigslist poster. Please don't take this the wrong way, but did you really need to give him the 10th degree about the breed of his dog? Was it any of your business?

Just trying to get the point across that sometimes well intentioned people get harassed for no wrong on their part, and we shouldn't stick our noses places that they don't belong.

[​IMG]

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I felt I did because it was unfair to the dog and the possibility where he might end up if the people are lied to. All they had to do is tell the truth on what mix he is and not pick something that looks totally different than the dog. Come on now...he said he knows the parents are a cattle dog and a jack russell....As I saw in a another post here(can't remember who wrote it) ...there are 5,000 members here and 5,000 different opinions...You have your opinion and that's fine...I have mine. Thanks. I expected some feed back from the other point of view...not taken the wrong way at all. Opinions are opinions.

I am sure the intentions were good with finding him a new home..that's good BUT if your intentions were that good, then you would be honest on the breed of dog you are trying to find a home for.

I was going to post pics of the dog, but Since the post was flagged, there is no reason to keep this going.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  3. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Never underestimate the power of denial...

...btw anyone who lists something for sale automatically puts the item up for scrutiny by the general public.

4. Bec

Agreed.

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Ummm... it is possible for a mutt dog to look pit without any pit in them. My Lily looks like a brindle pit and she comes from a male brindle boxer (purebred) and a cocker/lab/Benji mix mom. I saw both parents. IF there is any pit in there it is a few generations back on the mama's side. But is you just met her, you would likely say that she's a purebred pitbull. Nope. Pure mutt!

6. Bec

That i can understand..a lot of people think my mom's boxers are pit bulls or asks what they are mixed with...lol....and my mom shows her boxers and still gets that reaction. So I can understand where someone would think a Boxer or American bulldog mix could be confused with a pit mix , but if you saw the dog, you could clearly see that there is NO WAY that it was Cattle dog and Jack Russell...LOL. I just got an email from the guy and he said all of his puppies found homes a few hours ago.

Here is a pic
    This was the ad:
    I have a mixed jack russell and cattle puppy 7mo old and up to date with shots and is micro chipped. He is very good with children in which he was raised around, is playful, lovable, loves belly rubs, we can no longer keep him and he need a new good home if interested please call **********

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  7. Akane

Akane Crowing

Jun 15, 2008
    I can understand why someone would lie and I think alot of people are having to in order to get the dogs out of areas they would be put down in. I'm planning to call my akita a husky x lab if the breed ban ever goes through. It probably won't work with an akc registered akita but it's worth the attempt and so far 1 person has guessed she's an akita while as a puppy most asked if she was a lab x and now most ask if she's some type of northern breed. They tried to ban akitas, rotts, pits, and hybrids (wolf or coyote crosses) in wisconsin. One state north of me. There's no way I'd admit to my dog being one of those breeds if it meant they could be killed for it. My mom also had it out with some people at the private lake she has a lot on who claimed her shelter mutt was a rott mix and that he was extremely dangerous and should be put down. The guy threatened to shoot the dog saying that it would attack his kids. The dog was hiding under the picnic table with my 6yr old neice sitting on him. At the shelter he was just listed as a shep x and looking online he actually matches a bernese mountain dog but with the broad head and black and brown markings like a rott lots of people insist he is one.

8. Bec

That to me is understandable too...an Akita looks similar to Husky. A Jack Russell and a Cattle dog look nothing like a pit bull. At least your breeds look alike and no one would really question it.
    If this guy decided he had to lie for those reasons, he could have said Boxer mixed lab or any other bully type dog besides pit mixed with lab.

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    How sad that someone would feel they have to lie.[​IMG] Though with the way things are these days I cant say I dont understand it.

10. Thats a pit bull. I have no problem with pit bulls. But, they need strict supervision and training. Also, they should never be let loose off the leash because they are dog aggressive. that is in their genes.

Its said that the guy has to lie like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: