Some People!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bec, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara

Cara Songster

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I'm with Kate on this one. Isn't there something more constructive to do than search Craigslist for advertisers to pick on? [​IMG]

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I wasnt able to see the post so i can't agree or disagree however I know that if you see a tan heeler, they do look a lot like pit bulls, they have a simliar head and jaw structure.

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Looks like a heeler to me honestly, i see the heeler jaw line (which looks a lot like a pit jaw line).

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I agree with you Cara!!!

5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I would have to disagree...the whole dog looks pit to me all the way down to the tail.

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I agree with Cara as well....

and I must add that mixed breeds can look like anything just ebacuse they look like somethign doesnt mean they are something (if that makes sense).

I've seen numerous dogs that I was CERTAIN i knew the breed mix of only to find out that they were something completley different.

Still no need to harass someone unless you pin pricked hte pup yourself and genetically IDed it as a pit or pit mix. This is the exact reason people fight teh BSL law, because breeds that aren't even on the BSL list that LOOK BSL type are being discriminated.

My good friend in canada for instance... has a basenji mix....she looks similar to a pit so has to wear a mussle out in public...though Basenji breeders say that she could easily be a pruebred Basenji.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    bottom line is that it doesn't matter what it LOOKS like! it'll be up to the adopter to figure it out. there are swab tests available.

i have adopted several dogs. none where what the Humane Society of Michigan (vet verified) said they were. same with another adoption agency here in Michigan. both were dead wrong.

you cannot tell by just looking no matter what. in fact, it was just on the national new this same topic. people were dead wrong, time after time and were amazed when the test results came back.

when it comes to anything NOT from a BREEDER, you take your chances. that's the fun of adoption.

what was the motive behind informing someone what THEIR dog was. if they are lying, that is their issue and between them and the adopter.

8. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Well as was said before..you all have your opinions and that's fine. I do not HAVE to explain my self or anything to any of you. If this post bothers you then don't read or comment on it. Find another post to read and comment on.
    I did not post this to cause argument or catty fights about who thinks what of me and my decisions to do whatever and feel how I want to feel...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    if you post, be prepared to defend your argument, that is the point of a debate. not everyone is going to post rosey things, that's the freedom of posting. however, we can do it with a kind heart.

don't take things personally, when something is written, we decide HOW to read it. and, remember, this isn't REAL. it's not face to face. we don't TRULY know any of these people. i take everything with a grain of salt that i read.

and remember, you expected the poster on Craigslist to be responsible for their post.

i say this all kindly, not to be mean or rude. just a statement.

10. Cara

Cara Songster

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    The point is that by getting his post flagged, you diminshed the chances of him finding a home for his dog. Now it's more likely to end up in a shelter, and whether it looks like or is a pitbull, it's more likely to be put to sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: