Some sad looking polish, I think?

Awww Thanks technodoll. I'm trying my best here hopefully they will becaome stunningly beautiful!!
big_smile.png

I've done the bumble foot thing a few times now. I usually have more luck going in from the top. I can usually feel around and see where the lump is, and get it out, but not always feel it. It sounds like you got the nasty thing out in pieces. I would still soak the foot in epsom salts a few times to get the swelling down.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I think we are coming along. The hens foot isn't quite so "hard" anymore, hopefully thats a good thing. She's eating and drinking, I went to tractor supply and got some poultry drench, smells pretty powerful, they have all had some of that, after having some of that stuff the hen has been grooming herself which she hadn't done before she just kinda laid there. She is hopping around more now too. And then I got them some Manna Pro poultry conditioner. So hopefully this will put some pep in their step, help them grow nice feathers, and get healthy. I moved the Roos outside to my porch the mess in my bathroom was terrible, but the hen has a nice warm place here with me in my computer room.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well today while inspecting my new polish Roos I noticed a sore on one of the boys foot, no toenail, and black scabbing and a few other toes were "sore" looking, SO i brought him in and scrubbed his foot with a toothbrush and antibacterial soap, applied neosporin, and wrapped his little toes, it kinda looks like he had frostbite on his toes. So here we go again with another chicken it doesn't look like bumblefoot. The scales on his feet were falling off, can this be fungal???

Last edited:
Poor things! They looked so bedraggled. Sounds like you are on the right track. I just wanted to comment on the roosting. Some of my polish hens don't like to roost. They like to nest on the floor. I used to pick them up and put them on the roosts, but honestly, they prefer to sleep on the floor. They have nesting spots in the shavings under the roosts and sleep there. They prefer to lay eggs there instead of the nest boxes.
idunno.gif
Who knows.

Good luck with them! They needed a lot of TLC.

Up date on polish Hen, her foot looks terrible, I don't think it can be saved, her 3 toes are skinny and dark and she can't feel anything in them. Other than her dying foot she seems good, hopping all around, eating, drinking. Will her toes "fall Off" or will they just get infected and make her sick? I just can't bring my self to cull her. Could she live like this? I just don't see no way of saving her foot at this point, I am still bandaging it, and giving her duramycin, and poultry drench which seems to be like speed for chickens. LOL
42887_picture.jpg

Back
Top Bottom