Someone brought their non-service poople into the grocery store!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Trust me! No one would say anything in Modesto. On top small poodles, I have also seen two standard poodles in Target next to the food court.

well, i have a good story..my sister in law..who weighs like 400 plus pounds has 3 labs..she makes my brother sleep on the couch so she can have these 3 huge dogs in bed with her every night. she reeks of wet dog, its so gross!
*not that this had anything to do with the topic at hand but i bet she would drag them to the store if she could*

sickbyc.gif
smack.gif

I thought that service dogs owners had to have the little service vest on the dogs when they are using them for service in public places..OR at least carry the service dog license.....
i can see not being allowed to ask what their disability is..but you should be able to ask for verification that it IS indeed a service dog...

Quote:
This is a pet peeve of mine. I love my dogs very much, but I don't insist on bringing them everywhere with me, *especially* to people's homes. And Ciao Baby! to those who won't come to my home unless their stupid little dog can come with them. Yes, I've been told that - and the dog in question is a BRAT. Believe me, I didn't cry my eyes out. And I can't for the life of me understand why some people have a desperate need to bring their dogs in food stores.

I used to work in a food store. Believe you me, the dogs in purses were told to leave, and we hoped they never came back. Service dogs were always welcome of course.

mmm ESPECIALLY if employees go around petting these dogs and then working at the deli or produce section...

We used to go to a Blockbuster and these people not only brought their jack russel in the store, they had it off leash! DH is not the kind to keep his mouth shut so he said VERY loudly that next time he was gonna bring our 60 lb chow mix into the store since we were obviously confused about the rules of where dogs were acceptable and where they are not.

On another occassion, I was ina convenient store and the manager told s 20 something she would have to take her mini daschund out of the store. "But it's hot out there" she whined. The manager told her he didn't care, the health dept forbids pets in the store(they sold food). I congradulated him.

This idea that dogs- especially small ones - are accessories to your attire is annoying and vain. Dogs are not dolls. I think selling outfits and matching purses and strollers should be out lawed.

We do take our dog, Mongo, everywhere. (before he got too old, DH took our oldest dog Bo with him) He goes to work with us and just about everywhere we go. However, we would never presume to take him in a store. When we needed to get a bigger collar, we were at TSC and we asked permission to bring him in to fit it. Otherwise, he only goes into Petsmart -where dogs are supposed to be.

I used to travel with my rotti, but she never went in a store. I only ever took her to hotels that allow pets. I can't understand being so presumptuous or self-important that you would do what ever you want regardless of rules and laws.

Mongo and Bo.....
21675_dscn1337.jpg

I live about 75 miles north of New York city. I work in mid town Manhattan and ride the train every day to work. I have seen on multiple occasions people putting their dogs on the seats that passengers sit on. I don't like the idea of sitting on a seat that a dog was on for the simple reason that they leave hair all over the seat and we have a deer tick problem and a tick can fall of a dog and go onto you. I'm not a neat freak by any means. But I should not have to remove dog hair from my work dress pants. As for the food store I would not have been as polite as you. They should not be in any food establishment. Sorry about my little rant.
hu.gif

I also say..call the board of health on them if they are allowing non-service dogs in their store..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom