Someone brought their non-service poople into the grocery store!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to modesto, and um...
idunno.gif

The thing is you're not allowed to ask about if a person has a disability or for the service dog's papers, or you run afoul of the Disability laws (I can't remember which one atm but it's in there). So if management asks if the dog's a service dog, even if it's in a pink frilly dog purse with a feather boa, the store can get into hot water/sued. Basically the no dogs law is voided from enforcement because you can't ask for proof that a animal is a service animal.

Now as for people who think thier animals are equivilent to children they can take anywhere...
hide.gif

I agree with you personally, i don't have a problem with it. But i don't do it because for one- Don't want to have to deal with a dog wanting to go everywhere while focusing on what im trying to buy (Sure, probably wouldn't happen with a well-trained dog. But most of peoples pets are not well trained). Two, someone could be allergic to them. Three, people may be afraid of dogs (and who knows where that would lead to). And plenty of other reasons i won't list
wink.png

I vote leave the animals at home, or in the car (of course with keeping the car cold and such in hot weather...).

No dogs in the grocery store is my vote. I agree it is one thing to find a hair from my dog in the butter but a strange dog hair? Yuck. Who is liable when that dog bites someone. If you only had the free time to find a slobbery, I mean dripping slobbery dog and wait for the poodle lady and follow her in. They will get the message real quick.
gig.gif

Last edited:
The thing is you're not allowed to ask about if a person has a disability or for the service dog's papers, or you run afoul of the Disability laws

So tell everyone bringing a dog into the store that it is against store policy to allow any animals other than service animals into the store. That's not asking if the animal is a service animal, nor is it asking if the person has a disability.

OTOH,
In some countries in Europe, people bring their dogs into restaurants.​

Quote:
So tell everyone bringing a dog into the store that it is against store policy to allow any animals other than service animals into the store. That's not asking if the animal is a service animal, nor is it asking if the person has a disability.

OTOH,
In some countries in Europe, people bring their dogs into restaurants.

Yes that's why there's the sign at the door, but people do it anyways, and you can't argue with it.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I work in transit and this is true. If someone boards the bus we are not allowed to ask if it is a service animal, just tell them that only service animals are allowed. Usually they get off, but there are a couple regular riders that bring their "service" dogs on - poodle, chihuahua, etc.

I bring my pug into Home Depot, and a gas station i attend regularly but i wouldn't take her in to a grocery store or restaurant, she is also in training to be a therapy dog, so she can go to hospitals and such!

Quote:

OTOH,
In some countries in Europe, people bring their dogs into restaurants.

Yes that's why there's the sign at the door, but people do it anyways, and you can't argue with it.
idunno.gif

There was no sign at this grocery store. There use to be one. The new manager must have taken it down.

I was told by customer service that it is there policy to ask if it is a service dog. If it is they don't ask anymore questions. If not, they are asked to take it out.

My mom noted that not even the homeless bring their dogs in. They have them wait outside.

DB

Quote:
i agree, just becuase SOME dogs are better behaved than SOME children doesnt mean they are the equivelent of children. and my dogs are only better behaved bc i am allowed to use different training techniques on the dogs. i understand anthropomophizing animals, BUT you still have to realize they are animals.

I cant stand people who bring their dogsw with them everywhere they go. I understand if its a service dog, but most of the time you can clearly tell its not. Just because its a cute little dog and fits in a purse you think its okay to bring? What would you say if I brought my huge 120lb lab with me in the store. I bet someone would say something then!!
rant.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom