Someone dropped these off

jmactenn

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 19, 2014
League City, TX

Someone dropped these two off at our lake yesterday, They seem to be Very fond of human companionship, they followed me everywhere.
Can anyone tell me exactly what they are and about how old.

Thanks

John

Oh....how beautiful they are! I'm not 'into' ducks, but this pair is exceptional!
Those are geese.

Someone dropped these two off at our lake yesterday, They seem to be Very fond of human companionship, they followed me everywhere.

Thanks

John
Can you adopt them, being so trusting isn't so good when you live out in the wild. Looks like pin feathers coming in so probably 4 months or so. Might be Embden.

That's about what I guessed. I can try to protect them but my dogs don't like them. I have to keep the dogs in the house
What happens is the cute little gosling is getting big so lets dump them at the lake they can take care of themselves. Not true oh this is so upsetting. and if your Dogs don't like them what about everyone else's? I'm thinking they haven't got a chance between dogs wild preds and mean hateful people it's very heartbreaking. Do you know of a rescue in your area might not hurt to check around and see if you can find someone that will take them and protect them They are domestics and need a home.

Last edited:
Someone dropped these two off at our lake yesterday, They seem to be Very fond of human companionship, they followed me everywhere. Can anyone tell me exactly what they are and about how old. Thanks John
Since White Africans are rare and expensive and anyone in their right minds wouldnt drop any goose much less a white african, They are white chinese! They have small knobs already. I would say they are atleast 6 wks or so, funny how that adds up to being around Easter.

Since White Africans are rare and expensive and anyone in their right minds wouldnt drop any goose much less a white african, They are white chinese! They have small knobs already. I would say they are atleast 6 wks or so, funny how that adds up to being around Easter.
Thanks 8 I thought of Chinese but not knowing the breed that well. Aren't they beautiful I just can't imagine any one being so heartless.

Thanks

John

Those are white Chinese geese. Probably 5/6 weeks old with that feather development. Poor things. Can you find them a home? I would take them if you were closer to me.

Back
Top Bottom