Someone explain these color genetics to me (pics included)

Jun 20, 2019
Mississippi
1D75869C-52EE-42E7-88AC-FD5C3543ED76.jpeg

I’m 99 percent sure these three white/red chicks came from a Blue laced red Wyandotte cock and a buff Orpington hen. They have the red from the dad and on their heads and chests there is some slight blue leakage. But where does the white come from? Can buff from mom be diluted to white? Will they continue to look like this as they age?

Those are splash Laced, so both parents had to be Blue Laced, or possibly one parent just blue without lacing.
I wondered that. It is possible. I have a splash laced red hen. And I have blue laced red hen. But (correct me if I’m wrong) but a full blooded splash laced red Wyandotte should have zero blue leakage, right? I feel like that is off

I wondered that. It is possible. I have a splash laced red hen. And I have blue laced red hen. But (correct me if I’m wrong) but a full blooded splash laced red Wyandotte should have zero blue leakage, right? I feel like that is off
Splash isn't gonna be an even solid color, splash is from a double dose of the blue gene giving the bird a splashy appearance.

Do you have a rooster that's blue Laced gold, or red?

Back
Top Bottom