SOMEONE HELP!

mrsherman

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Michigan
:eek:
Ok i am on day 20 i did candle last night and what am i looking for?? I just see large blobs.. my eggs are dark but now what??? i hand turn them twice a day..someone HELP!!!!

Sounds like they're ready to hatch... On day 20 they're pretty much filling the egg, so you're not going to see much, if any, movement. Get them in the hatcher, don't turn them anymore, and sit on your hands!
smile.png

Last edited:
This is the most stressful time of incubating. Don't open the incubator for anything. And I think it would be better to try 3 times a day next time because the mother hen turns them up to 95 times a day, also, if you turn them an odd # of times a day then the embryo won't be on the same side of the egg during the night (which is the longest time it goes w/o turning in artificial incubation).

Good luck. Don't open the bator at all and make sure you have a decent humidity. I have one egg moving on day 18/19 so I understand where you're at. This is the most stressful time of the whole experience.

Happy hatching!
jumpy.gif

I only looked at one of them..and did see some movement..other than that i have only candled them once..I have a still air bater and i dont have anything to check humminty with...now what?
spell check..

Last edited:
Is there moisture condensing on the lid? If so, then you're probably ok. I add another small bowl of warm water (yogurt containers seem to be my "bowl" of choice) on day 18 to add to the humidity. You can get a relatively inexpensive thermometer/hygrometer on ebay, or your store. Or you can use the wet-bulb method, which uses two thermometers, one wet and one dry, to test the humidity. I'd say at this point just add another small bowl of water and keep it full, but don't touch anything else. And the waiting begins...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom