Someone is opening the gate on my chicken run/yard

And if not allowed, adding a post should be fine. I would recommend calling before digging tho.
That's where I'm leaning at the moment. I have small 1in fence post but driving them is difficult. We had a hell of a time just getting rebar rods in for the cattle panels. There is some sort of gravel or paved layer under my homes plot. I can't attach anything directly to the garage. It took two years just to get keys and permission to use it.

I use swivel clips to hold my x-pen shut. Maybe using something like that would help validate that a person is opening the gate section. I would also put a sign on the fencing. Perhaps it's a child, wanting to see the chickens...
clip.JPG

I use swivel clips to hold my x-pen shut. Maybe using something like that would help validate that a person is opening the gate section. I would also put a sign on the fencing. Perhaps it's a child, wanting to see the chickens...
View attachment 2804697
A child in the neighborhood doing this makes me the most nervous. My little white rooster is very defensive lately after I caught a boy chasing my chickens two months ago. He doesn't live on my street and was just visiting from what I was told. I Don't want my flock hurt and I also don't want anyone's kids to get scratched either.

Back
Top Bottom