Someone needs to stop me!

RavenStorm

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Southern CA
I just went and picked these babies yesterday from another member here on the boards. We didn't even know both of us were on this site until afterwards! This is my second batch of Muscovy ducklings this year, first batch from lovesduckies and I really wasn't planning on getting all 18, but ... as you can see, that didn't pan out well. I have no self control when it comes to the cuteness apparently.

11295_pict1907.jpg

11295_pict1912.jpg

I'm already in love with this brown one. Always seeks me out, chirps for me not to leave, falls asleep in my hand. Melts my heart! Anyone have a clue what color it might grow up to be?
11295_pict1904.jpg

Awww, cute! I don't know when or if I will ever live in a place that allows me to keep ducks, but can you keep me in mind when if you breed them in the future? I really want a couple of all black females, but I might consider other colors, too. Can't wait to see what yours are going to be!

Quote:
I'm actually in an intensive property search right now solely for the reason that I NEED MORE DUCKIES! Oh yeah, and I want to raise geese, goats, and a cow as well. I just simply don't have the room right now for anything other than the ducks. I wanted this batch for genetic diversity to breed with the batch I got earlier this year.

The ones I got from lovesduckies are laying eggs now so we're just going to have to wait until this batch comes of age to have babies themselves. Oh and Heather, if you come across this post, your babies turned out lovely! Unfortunately all my baby and teenager pics got lost in a laptop crash, but when I have some nice weather I'll go out and take some pics so you can see how Skully and Koko (the boys) and Buckie, Paloma, and Pinkie (the girls) turned out. 4 out of the 6 were girls (but we lost one to a cat attack sadly).

I only have one male not related to them but he is not a good specimen for breeding. I don't like doing the in line breeding if I can help it, so we all have to wait till May to start thinking about the next generation! DesertDarlene, I'll make sure to drop you a note when babies are on the way!

Quote:
No, I don't think it's physically possible. Here is the evidence, because I know the rest of you are like me and these pics are our own special brand of heroin.

11295_pict1900.jpg

11295_pict1911.jpg

11295_pict1908.jpg

love.gif
Ah, the head tilt on picture #2. Isn't it the best? I love when a plane or bird flies over and I get 23 tilting heads.
smile.png

Thank you for the duckling fix. I can't wait til spring so I feed my own duckling addiction!

Back
Top Bottom