Someone please help!!

j3rr4h

Hatching
Feb 14, 2020
So today on Valentine's Day, my mom got me two little white & fawn runner ducklings. I wanted them as pets so I got them. They have their little space, a heating lamp, water, food, and etc. They are constantly chirping and squeaking and I fear they won't stop. What do I do?? We don't have them in a separate room btw. They're in my room. I really want them to quiet down at night so I can sleep but I don't know how to get them to. HELP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So today on Valentine's Day, my mom got me two little white & fawn runner ducklings. I wanted them as pets so I got them. They have their little space, a heating lamp, water, food, and etc. They are constantly chirping and squeaking and I fear they won't stop. What do I do?? We don't have them in a separate room btw. They're in my room. I really want them to quiet down at night so I can sleep but I don't know how to get them to. HELP!!
do what kiki said and we can help!

In the pics featured the water is a little murky and they messed with their food, but this is where they stay. They are also located next to my bed so I imagine that doesn't help lol. But otherwise, no I don't have any thermometers like that
1581731782404-2089841866.jpg
15817318350632105658839.jpg

Ok, so remain calm. they are probably scared because everything is so new. What part of the country do you live in?

I want you to make a water container a bit different but it won't be hard. Take a cool whip container or something like that and cut holes in the top. they will be able to drink but not get into the dish like they probably do with the one you have now. Ok? So that's a start right?
IMG_0441.JPG

did you see what I used for a brooder? It's one of those cheap kiddle pools. I just put pine shavings down and then over the top of them I put puppy pads from Sam's club. It makes clean up a snap and it would keep things really nice for your little ones. You've only got 2 so it will be easier to keep things nice for them.

They're gonna need a bigger brooder asap. For now, the biggest storage tote you can find at Walmart, preferably clear, would work... or a kiddy pool, like in DuckyDonna's picture. Where do you live? (approximately) How cold is it there lately? Do you have a garage or basement where they could be kept? Your bedroom probably isn't going to work for very long. It's gonna get stinky. Ducklings poop a LOT and they're very messy with their water.

In the pics featured the water is a little murky and they messed with their food, but this is where they stay. They are also located next to my bed so I imagine that doesn't help lol. But otherwise, no I don't have any thermometers like that View attachment 2026506View attachment 2026507
For now can you put the feed in a smaller container/bowl?
They won't eat that much in a day and by having it in a smaller container it will give them more room to move around.

I asked about a thermometer so you can make sure it is not too hot in there.

Back
Top Bottom