Someone please read and tell me what to do!

007Dawn

Out Of Coop
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
:idunnoHe has been staying awake most of the night and sleeping all day and now has something wrong with his eye.

I can't take a picture the batteries are out on the camera.

There are little tiny brown dots under his eyes and the upper part of his eyes looks like a long white blister.

I've been putting artifical eye drops on him and giving him water with food mixture and apple cider through a dropper the big guy can't see!

Well that is unless I walk away then he opens his eye (one of the two, no one in particular) in order to see where I went and to follow me. The eye drops seem to give him some relief and he cooes when I put them in his eyes and he allows me to do it as long as he is sitting on my lap.

What can this be and how do I treat my sweet Roo Roo?

Thank you!

Last edited:
That was initially what I thought but they don't appear to move at all. Both eyes are shut but only one has the brown spots and I know that is not normal for him.

I will do exactly that! He is slightly opening the one eye now and his tail feathers are back up in the air! He is happy to get his dropper as well, where before I had to kind of prey to do it. Naturally without hurting him. But the drops will be bought this morning!

Thank you!

What type of eye drops are you using? Don't use any kind of Visine or similar drops in his eye.

Instead, rinse his eye out with sterile eye wash and apply anitibiotic eye ointment, you can get some from any vet, or my vet says you can use Neosporin and it works the same.

When rinsing his eye, check under his eye lids for any dirt or particle that may have gotten in there. Be sure the eye rinse gets under the eye lids. I've had a couple of birds that I've gotten a flat piece of "stuff" out of their eye that looks like a flat sliver of yellow rice (best I can describe) I'm not sure if infection in their eyes just abcesses that way but once I've gotten it out of their eyes, they were fine after that. In both cases, it was under the eye lid and I only found it by flushing the eye out.

OK I'm becoming so fraustrated! He opened his eyes some this morning and seemed happy but now he is back like yesterday!

I have called around this morning and no one has any eye cream! What is up with that!?

He is now losing wieght, only I can tell because I'm holding him.

Yesterday I tried mashing his feed in with some cooked spagettie and he refused to have anything to do with it!

What do i do here? He will drink the water with sugar and apple vinger when I drop it in his mouth. He isn't even crowing!

hit.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom