someone ran my 18 year old daughter off the road this morning

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
my daughter was going to work this morning when some Idiotic male ran her off the road... he almost hit her so she swerved to avoid hitting him and ran oiver the curb and she went airborn and blew out both tires on the passenger side... the other driver kept going... a police officer checked on her when he saw her in the parking lot.. she told him what happened and he said their is nothing he could do since no one got a description of the car... my daughter is ok but started crying when I got there...we are not sure how much damage is done under neath her car... My uncle works at a body shop so I will take it to him and get him to look at it... now I have to buy her new tires...don't really have the money and I know she doesn't because she just moved to her new apartment...

that's such a sad story:( i am glad that your daughter is fine though.

a friend of mine from work was hit from behind and she nearly went air born and the guy kept going. she followed him and got out of her car when his blew up(from hitting her) and she wouldn't let him out of his car cuz he was going to run. when all was said and done (with court and everything) the end result didn't even cover for damages to her car. she even had to go to the doc cuz she had a sore neck and shoulders. he was stoned(could smell it from his car) and drunk(could smell that one his breath) and he barely got in trouble. ugh.

Sue

i understand that. i was just telling that story to say that it just doesn't seem to matter if they caught him or not.. it didn't even cover my friends damages..or hospital bills. and sometimes people get real nasty. so it's a good thing she wasn't ablet to go after him. but it's too bad there is no description.
Sue

Bummer. It's a good thing she wasn't injured. A car can be fixed or replaced, your daughter can't. Sorry for her rotten day all the same.

Quote:
The story could have ended with your daughter dead if she had chased him down. Who knows if the jerk had a weapon in his car or not?

I am very glad that your daughter is all right. How frightening the experience must have been for her.

Last edited:
I went and traded cars with her ... she has school tonight and gets out at 10:00 and I didn't want her to drive that late with 2 donuts on her car(she has my donut and hers... we both have tauruses) and in the morning I am taking her car to get new tires... and get checked to make sure she didn't bend the frame(has a strange sound-hubby thought maybe it was from being on 2 donuts) we will see in the morning... on top of that we have 80 % chance of snow tomorrow evening... we told her not to be driving in it(we don't usually get snow here)... she is still upset and wasn't going to go to school ...I think she is scared to drive

Quote:
I have gotten rear ended before and was very nervous about driving. The woman crashed into our car while we were at a stop sign!! Anyway, it took me a few days to drive, but once I didn't take to long for me to get past my nervousness.

People just dont know how to drive now a day! Reminds me of what happened 2 years ago about this time. Hubby was on his way to to work, not even a mile and a half away from our trailor park, a guy in a jeep was trying to cross over the intersection and he miss shift his gear and rolled into hubby's path. He didn't have time to avoid the accident. There was nothing left of the front passenger side of the car. Our car was a total disaster, cannot be fixed while his jeep only had a few repairable damages as well as just a broken tire rod. The guy got away with just a ticket of careless driving. We barely got money back from insurance and his insurance REFUSED to let us have a rental.
Another time, after DD1 was born, we were on our way back to FIL's house after having her hearing test taken in Gainesville. A lady rear-ended us. Husband made the mistake of thinking police were not needed to be involved. When he called to report the accident to our insurance, things got ugly...The lady denied ever hitting us. She did give us her insurance information and my hsuband also got her tag number, I had a SideKick 2 at the time, so I was able to take a picture of her tag, the NAVY MOM mirror in the front of her car and the damage to my rear bumper. Smart move on our side. We never thought of suing her until she decided to play games with our insurance company which led us to get a lawyer, who adviced suing her. Found out she had 5 other "Rear Ending" cases against her. We won the case easily. Lady lost her liscense PERMINENTLY.

Hope your daughter is doing okay. Things dont get easy and wish we can keep the maniacs off the road!

Glad to read your dd is ok.I am terrified I will get hit taking the kids to school or coming home.There is almost ZERO people on the road who don't have a cell in their hand while driving.My mom watched a woman text on the highway,road,and then go figure turned into the same neighborhood as her.All the while texting and never using a signal to change lanes! It is scary out there even with laws(not obeyed) against cells and texting while driving. I

Back
Top Bottom